THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Simon grayson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am 
Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
I would like Grayson - purely on his record of 4 promotions from League One.

But like keyser says, I can't see us getting him. He is very much not the type of candidate that PW would look at. I doubt Pete is going to hire someone with a similar style of football to Neilson, as well as being an older manager.

Think Micciche is definitely the type of risk Pete wants to take.

Can Pete afford to take yet another "risk" though ?

RDM was a risk - it worked
Robbo was a risk - it worked
RN was a risk - failed spectacularly

Given we are in a relegation scrap now, surely we need an experienced man in ?

Still got more right than he got wrong in terms of appointments.

I agree with you that I would prefer Grayson though due to where we are in the table, I was just saying that Micciche is more of a PW appointment than Grayson would be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am 

Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

But like keyser says, I can't see us getting him. He is very much not the type of candidate that PW would look at. I doubt Pete is going to hire someone with a similar style of football to Neilson, as well as being an older manager.

Literally every manager is a risk how can anyone not be? For all you know Greyson could take us down.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Still got more right than he got wrong in terms of appointments.

I agree with you that I would prefer Grayson though due to where we are in the table, I was just saying that Micciche is more of a PW appointment than Grayson would be.

What cheap and has been around us before? What's his pedigree at relegation battles and managing a bunch of senior players who are not in anyway shape or form confident?

With all due respect we at least need to try and get someone in with experience of the task in hand.

PS I don't thin Robbo was a risk at all. Don't forget spent a year observing Ince Mk2 and learning the team and also what not to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:21 am 

Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Micciche will be the riskiest by a long mile. RDM was a risk but had been involved in professional football and started with a confident and well coached team that had just won promotion. Robbo had been a coach at the Liverpool Academy, he had been ours and a Blackburn coach (when they were famous). Micciche has no experience of professional football, hasn't been a youth coach at a leading club nor a coach at a national league 1 team. I can't see anything riskier than the daft idea in the past of Clive Woodward. Even Hope was less risky and had some results as evidence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Micciche will be the riskiest by a long mile. RDM was a risk but had been involved in professional football and started with a confident and well coached team that had just won promotion. Robbo had been a coach at the Liverpool Academy, he had been ours and a Blackburn coach (when they were famous). Micciche has no experience of professional football, hasn't been a youth coach at a leading club nor a coach at a national league 1 team. I can't see anything riskier than the daft idea in the past of Clive Woodward. Even Hope was less risky and had some results as evidence.

Wasn't he a coach at Spurs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Well spotted, I didn't realise that, not that it changes my mind. Robbo added to his Liverpool Academy by coaching the senior sides. I also note that he wasn't the Academy manager here, but Assistant Academy manager.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am 

Just came across this blog relating to Graysons possible appointment, makes some good points regarding his personality and mentions him 'clearly being a principled man', now who else was a principled man?......

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/1 ... ng-mk-dons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Well spotted, I didn't realise that, not that it changes my mind. Robbo added to his Liverpool Academy by coaching the senior sides. I also note that he wasn't the Academy manager here, but Assistant Academy manager.

I would be disappointed and feel underwhelmed if it was Micciche...maybe one for the future, but really is not what the club needs right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:55 am 

keyser soze wrote:
No facts, just a strong gut feeling - we will NOT be hiring Grayson. I doubt he wants it; I doubt Pete wants him.

I have seen it said that Grayson would prefer to wait for another Championship opportunity.
However I wonder if a short term appointment (along the lines of Warnick at Rotherham) might suit them both?
Now is not the time for Pete to go for one of his usual appointments. But - if we stay up that might be an option for next season.
It would put Grayson back in work and offer an opportunity for e.g. Rubio or Lewie to gain senior team experience alongside a proven League 1 manager.
Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 pm 

leodon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
No facts, just a strong gut feeling - we will NOT be hiring Grayson. I doubt he wants it; I doubt Pete wants him.

I have seen it said that Grayson would prefer to wait for another Championship opportunity.
However I wonder if a short term appointment (along the lines of Warnick at Rotherham) might suit them both?
Now is not the time for Pete to go for one of his usual appointments. But - if we stay up that might be an option for next season.
It would put Grayson back in work and offer an opportunity for e.g. Rubio or Lewie to gain senior team experience alongside a proven League 1 manager.
Just a thought.

He will be managing a Championship club. Us in two season time. 8-) 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next