THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
At the end of the day most of our supporters (myself included) had no idea what REALLY happened between Lewie and Neilson. You hear and read rumours, but until you hear it directly from Lewie or Neilson that's all they are is rumours. Players fall out with Managers all the time, why would we respond to this any differently than the rumours in the past? As foir how it was dealt with what would you have liked to have seen them do differently?

See above.

This is also part of the reason why I've criticised the club's social media/engagement with fans. Things like this that get out - we as supporters like you say aren't partial to what goes on behind the scenes. I'm not saying that should change, but the club projects a certain image of itself, and if the only response to a matter involving our longest serving player is a few minutes from the chairman 'covering' for his manager, then it's not handled well. The reasons Pete gave just felt like excuses and only felt like Neilson's side of the story, not Lewie's.

I'm not a marketing/media expert, but the club really needs to step up a gear in their efforts with communicating with fans, engaging with fans better.

A few minutes? 20 isn't a few and not many other clubs would have done so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am 

BracknellDons wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
End of the day the way Neilson and the club handled it was disgraceful and embarrassing.

Neilson was doomed to fail with this going on.

This. I'm bewildered by the few supporters that saw nothing wrong with how they handled Lewie being ostracized from the club. I've not being a fan of Lewie for a few seasons, but even I thought something was very wrong about it, and I'm still a bit surprised at how Pete dealt with it in that video interview, like he was covering for Neilson.

At the end of the day most of our supporters (myself included) had no idea what REALLY happened between Lewie and Neilson. You hear and read rumours, but until you hear it directly from Lewie or Neilson that's all they are is rumours. Players fall out with Managers all the time, why would we respond to this any differently than the rumours in the past? As foir how it was dealt with what would you have liked to have seen them do differently?

In fairness I have.

I can confirm it was an absolute disgrace.

Please tell. I want to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am 

BracknellDons wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
End of the day the way Neilson and the club handled it was disgraceful and embarrassing.

This. I'm bewildered by the few supporters that saw nothing wrong with how they handled Lewie being ostracized from the club. I've not being a fan of Lewie for a few seasons, but even I thought something was very wrong about it, and I'm still a bit surprised at how Pete dealt with it in that video interview, like he was covering for Neilson.

In fairness I have.

Which would affect how you felt and dealt with it, for the bulk of the fan base, even you vouching for what happened is still just rumour. It's the whole 'a bloke down the pub told me' thing, not doubting you BD but you see my point, to me 'the bloke on the forum said' isn't proof of wrong doing by the club. Unless you know someone who has heard it directly, you shouldn't be jumping on one bandwagon or the other. Which is why people didn't get all heated up by how the club handled it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 am 
The fact Pete felt he needed to respond to it in a video interview in the first place shows it was poorly handled. There should have a been a proper story/press release/article instead of just a soundbite from Neilson after a game where he said Lewie was training elsewhere - surely they should have known that wasn't satisfactory to fans in the first place for a long serving player (and captain!). If they had have handled that right in the first place, rumours wouldnt have started and fans wouldn't have been questioning the club.

If you think they were completely correct in how they handled it, fine, but a lot of people weren't, hence why Pete personally responded. It's all over now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
BracknellDons wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

In fairness I have.

Which would affect how you felt and dealt with it, for the bulk of the fan base, even you vouching for what happened is still just rumour. It's the whole 'a bloke down the pub told me' thing, not doubting you BD but you see my point, to me 'the bloke on the forum said' isn't proof of wrong doing by the club. Unless you know someone who has heard it directly, you shouldn't be jumping on one bandwagon or the other. Which is why people didn't get all heated up by how the club handled it.

For the avoidance of doubt; this isn't a 'bloke down the pub told me' type story. I heard 1st hand from the horses mouth what happened, i even substantiated what I was told with others. I don't mind if you or anyone else doesn't take it as gospel, that's perfectly normal - it was an absolute disgrace.
I don't think the club acted badly, they backed the manager - I'm saying the whole situation was handled badly. A player of his stature shouldn't of been treated like that.

Lewie never said he should be starting every week, he only ever asked to be given an opportunity to compete for his place. It's his job.

I know of another on here you also spoke to Lewie about it - not naming names though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:14 am 

BracknellDons wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
BracknellDons wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

In fairness I have.

For the avoidance of doubt; this isn't a 'bloke down the pub told me' type story. I heard 1st hand from the horses mouth what happened, i even substantiated what I was told with others. I don't mind if you or anyone else doesn't take it as gospel, that's perfectly normal - it was an absolute disgrace.
I don't think the club acted badly, they backed the manager - I'm saying the whole situation was handled badly. A player of his stature shouldn't of been treated like that.

Lewie never said he should be starting every week, he only ever asked to be given an opportunity to compete for his place. It's his job.

I know of another on here you also spoke to Lewie about it - not naming names though.

Why bother mentioning your inside knowledge of you're not going to explain what you may or may not know?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:21 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
Why bother mentioning your inside knowledge of you're not going to explain what you may or may not know?

In my opinion (and that's all it is) certain posters, over time, prove their credibility and you can take what they say at face value. I trust what BD has posted, even though he cannot go into great detail.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:07 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

In my opinion (and that's all it is) certain posters, over time, prove their credibility and you can take what they say at face value. I trust what BD has posted, even though he cannot go into great detail.

I also trust BD, but even so that is still only one side of the story and we all know it takes two to tango.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm 

In answer to the question, YES!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:25 pm 

If it comes from bracknell, camdenite or welldon to name but a few you can bet your bottom dollar theres some weight in it. The fact that sometimes these cant go into detail or provide sources doesnt mean they dont have a legit understanding of whats going on its just common sense and faith in well thought of people around the club to not bring them into disrepute or assume they have an agenda or playing billy big bollocks.

They are decent people in the fan base from my understanding and have a good level of understanding of both football in general and dons ongoings, dont confuse tem with idiots and trolls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next