THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 am 

Alby wrote:
Something tells me Grayson wouldn’t want to come here on the budget he’d have and would only stay until a decent job came about. Plus if my PNEFC and Sunderland twitter followings are anything to go by the football is poo. Weirdly enough I can’t see it working when he won’t have much dough to spend and would adapt a crap style which we already have just to get the best out of players he probably doesn’t want. Football style is important to some of us

Wasn't Grayson's budget at PNE pretty low too? And I can't imagine he had that much to spend at Blackpool either.

I just think it might be a bit too far of a come down for him. From managing big clubs like Sunderland and Leeds to MK.

Also he must have his family all settled up north - would he be totally committed
?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:02 am 

His budget wasn’t the biggest at PNE by any stretch but it was a Championship budget. And in League One I’d argue it was bigger than ours. But I haven’t got the facts tbf.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:13 am 

Two ways to go for PW

Grayson - Vastly experienced at L1 level, chance to stay up, build and challenge next year. Promoted with 4 different L1 clubs and knows how to get results. Will have good contacts at various levels in terms of bringing in players. Likely to jump ship once a bigger club flashes their eyes at him unless he has been so badly traumatised by his Sunderland experience

Micciche - Knows PW, Academy and Club inside out. Chance to "reconnect with fans" Likely to build from within with emphasis on bringing youngsters through. No managerial experience so potential for relegation higher. No obvious connections that would assist in recruiting players for a dogfight. Would majority of fans and/or PW accept going down?

I know that sounds like I'm nailing my flag to the Grayson mast, but I'm not. Either is a good appointment depending on if you are looking at now and next season (Grayson) or a longer term project (Micciche)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 am 

It seems Warburton wants to play football the MK Way

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/foo ... lls-530314

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am 

Alby wrote:
Something tells me Grayson wouldn’t want to come here on the budget he’d have and would only stay until a decent job came about. Plus if my PNEFC and Sunderland twitter followings are anything to go by the football is poo. Weirdly enough I can’t see it working when he won’t have much dough to spend and would adapt a crap style which we already have just to get the best out of players he probably doesn’t want. Football style is important to some of us

Take it from a Sunderland supporter - poo is a massive understatement!

I do get the points about L1 track record, experience, etc. Just as long as everyone knows what they are getting in for on the pitch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:18 am 

RN has been on borrowed time for quite a while, would have thought PW would have someone lined up ready to take over. New man needs at least three players defender, midfielder and a striker, perhaps on loan, but need to have experience, at this level.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

They lost that game 3-1! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

They lost that game 3-1! :lol:

You can't have everything. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am 

SheffieldExile wrote:
Two ways to go for PW

Grayson - Vastly experienced at L1 level, chance to stay up, build and challenge next year. Promoted with 4 different L1 clubs and knows how to get results. Will have good contacts at various levels in terms of bringing in players. Likely to jump ship once a bigger club flashes their eyes at him unless he has been so badly traumatised by his Sunderland experience

Micciche - Knows PW, Academy and Club inside out. Chance to "reconnect with fans" Likely to build from within with emphasis on bringing youngsters through. No managerial experience so potential for relegation higher. No obvious connections that would assist in recruiting players for a dogfight. Would majority of fans and/or PW accept going down?

I know that sounds like I'm nailing my flag to the Grayson mast, but I'm not. Either is a good appointment depending on if you are looking at now and next season (Grayson) or a longer term project (Micciche)

Nicely summed up. I'd prefer we took the long term approach. I can still see three worse teams than us in this division, Bury, Rochdale and Southend. Its going to be tough to avoid that fourth relegation spot battle with Oldham or AFC but simply playing our best team from kick off would give us a fighting chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 am 

The Daily Record have got us interviewing Alan Stubbs 'this week', if true perhaps we are going to get a new man sooner rather than later.

Additionally just seen Ben Garner in the lists from Sky bet, I recognise nearly all the names (or have at least heard of the people) but Ben is a mystery, anyone able to shed some light?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next