THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Simon grayson
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm 

Staying in league one , is the be all and end all, I think Pete sees it that way, if that is the case, then it must be Simon Grayson he is the best bet for keeping us in league one, bar none.

Post subject: Re: Simon grayson
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm 

Hugo wrote:
Staying in league one , is the be all and end all, I think Pete sees it that way, if that is the case, then it must be Simon Grayson he is the best bet for keeping us in league one, bar none.

I don't think I have ever used this word on here but......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm 

This. ;) :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 pm 

Hugo wrote:

Why do you think Pete sees it that way Hugo ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:23 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Hugo wrote:

And after that he'd be the best bet to get us up from league one (if anybody could in the next 2 years). His record at this level is great. In the championship not so good. But one step at a time.
However because his style of play is not "the MK way", I do worry how long he would be given by us if we weren't battling at the top next season. I think someone who plays more like a KR team would be given longer, especially if they have a connection to us (Rubio, Micciche). More than anything else I want the next appointment to be a lengthy one, so for that reason I could see a positive to the likes of Micciche, who might be given that time. But for results, short and long term, it's still Simon Grayson for me.

Mind you we now have the players who might suit Grayson's long ball style better and you never know, he might adapt if asked to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm 

Hugo wrote:

And after that he'd be the best bet to get us up from league one (if anybody could in the next 2 years). His record at this level is great. In the championship not so good. But one step at a time.
However because his style of play is not "the MK way", I do worry how long he would be given by us if we weren't battling at the top next season. I think someone who plays more like a KR team would be given longer, especially if they have a connection to us (Rubio, Micciche). More than anything else I want the next appointment to be a lengthy one, so for that reason I could see a positive to the likes of Micciche, who might be given that time. But for results, short and long term, it's still Simon Grayson for me.

For a long time now "The MK way" has been slow, side to side, boring and plain s**t. If Grayson can marshall the team into a unit and stay up this season, them maybe even challenge for promotion next season, I personally couldn't give a monkeys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:40 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
Hugo wrote:

For a long time now "The MK way" has been slow, side to side, boring and plain s**t. If Grayson can marshall the team into a unit and stay up this season, them maybe even challenge for promotion next season, I personally couldn't give a monkeys.

Yup.
I've long since forgotten what 'The MK Way' actually is anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm 

Sign him up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:20 pm 

Latest Daily Mail article (2 hours ago) says Grayson is being "strongly linked"

I would be happy, he has a very good track record. What we need now is an experienced manager.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Latest Daily Mail article (2 hours ago) says Grayson is being "strongly linked"

I would be happy, he has a very good track record. What we need now is an experienced manager.

Good.