THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 am 

Although most of us agree this is the right decision, I would wish to spare a thought for Robbie - in that he was doing well at Hearts and he took a gamble to come down here. I would not be surprised if he is regretting that gamble at home tonight.

But that is football....always a gamble, for any manager or player.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:47 am 

Yup feel sorry for him but its the right decision for both parties. Lets not forget that he relocated his family down from Scotland, with his children having to change schools and now he is out of work. Never nice to see someone lose their job.

Robbie's always come across as someone that didn't have much of a personality, not sure if his interviews could have been anymore boring. His attitude may not have been the same in the dressing room, but I suspect it was. Would like to see someone with a bit more enthusiasm come in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 am 

Always bothered me that people seemed so adamant that it was great because “he didn’t take any crap” Always found that odd.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 am 

Don't forget his coaching staff. All the best to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:29 am 

Agree, lets home they all find the right jobs and success in the future, comeone, Rubio with Deano assistant maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:16 am 

Sparky wrote:
Agree, lets hope they all find the right jobs and success in the future, come on, Rubio with Deano assistant maybe?

Ray Lewington manager, Dean Assistant, Ed Coach, Dean's mum Head of Bovril procurement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am 

Robbie was very close to leaving Hearts anyway if the Scottish newspapers and forums were anything to go by. The style of football Robbie used at Hearts was well known. (and hated by the fans), and Pete brought into that.

Pete appears to have been sold a "Pup" and it will take quite a time to understand why it took this long to change as to me (and others who posted on here) it was clear he was out of his depth in October.

It's not just on pitch here, the new management team is going to have to correct a lot in the background as well - not the least of which is the relationship with fans.

I don't get this Dean Lewington thing. I believe both Robbie and Dean both stated that Dean wanted to continue playing for the time being. His interviews have not even mentioned coaching of any kind. Now that might have been said as an excuse for leaving but most would admit that it would be unlikely for Dean to come back playing for us.

Finally I actually don't have too many worries going forward, apart from injuries, I have always believed the team was good enough for this league and I feel there is enough games left to sort this out.

New manager wise. Got to be Edu. He appears to be the only person that can hit the ground running for me.