THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Player Confrontations
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm 

There are reports on social media, that a number of fans waited after the game to challenge RN and the players.
It doesn’t look like it was very pleasant either, apparently most players including RN got straight on the coach saying nothing, Williams did comment something along the lines of, we appreciate the support and we are trying.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Wootton and Ebanks-Landell who got involved exchanging insults with irate fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 pm 
Christ we’ve got some idiots in our fanbase

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm 

Brando wrote:
Christ we’ve got some idiots in our fanbase

Indeed, we have. :(

Last edited by familymkdonsfan on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellDon wrote:
There are reports on social media, that a number of fans waited after the game to challenge RN and the players.
It doesn’t look like it was very pleasant either, apparently most players including RN got straight on the coach saying nothing, Williams did comment something along the lines of, we appreciate the support and we are trying.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Wootton and Ebanks-Landell who got involved exchanging insults with irate fans.

Bunch of idiots (the 'fans', not the players/staff).

Regardless of how poor things are and how much we want change, approaching people like that and abusing or being aggressive towards anyone at our club is crossing the line.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same group that people always seem to defend, the same group of 'yoof' that filled the aisle to the right of the goal and got over excited. "They're a good bunch of lads really, they just get excited". Fuck off.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellDon wrote:

Did one of our fans managed to slip past them though?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm 

Was ashamed of some of the fans today.

Disgraceful, they were also some fights on the way out. Not sure if our fans started that or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 pm 

Most police I’ve seen at a match of ours with the exception of the scum game. They were filming our youth the entire game so no doubt someone will get an early morning call next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:53 pm 
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Most police I’ve seen at a match of ours with the exception of the scum game. They were filming our youth the entire game so no doubt someone will get an early morning call next week.

8 arrests today apparently (didn't specify whether home or away fans). Wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly our 'fanbase'.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Bunch of idiots (the 'fans', not the players/staff).

Regardless of how poor things are and how much we want change, approaching people like that and abusing or being aggressive towards anyone at our club is crossing the line.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same group that people always seem to defend, the same group of 'yoof' that filled the aisle to the right of the goal and got over excited. "They're a good bunch of lads really, they just get excited". Fuck off.

Yes indeed filthy, why were they not moved into the other stand where our lot were? Recipe for trouble letting them stand there.
The only thing I would say is that those who slag this lot off (and it WAS poor behaviour by them) do you boo?
THAT encourages this sort of attitude IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:17 pm 

This makes me so sad. I just wish that the sector of our fans who insist they have the right to an opinion could understand that of course they do. No one objects to an opinion - personally I’m in the nexit camp now- but it is the manner of expression. There is simply no justification for the personal abuse and vitriol. It doesn’t help anyone. It just makes more unhappiness and unpleasantness making the poor performances even harder to deal with. When I say I don’t enjoy the football anymore it’s because I am surrounded by hate when I am supposed to be enjoying myself....

It also simply hands ammunition to any opposition team leave alone the MK Dons haters. Part of our identity -dna if you will is that we have always had a good fan discipline record and have been a united bunch... why would we give that away?

I don’t suppose we can reason with people who think they need to approach the team in this way anymore than we can reason with AFC Wimbledon supporters but as in all aspects of football I live in hope...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next