THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Do not forget what the Hearts fans were saying a year or so ago...they were not exactly sad when RN left them were they ?

Look, on a personal level, I have nothing against RN. I like his calm, quiet manner - and he seems a genuine chap. But he is simply not cut out for MK Dons. Surely everyone can see that now ?

[u][b]

ABSOLTLY (GETTIT) SPOT ON.
F- SPOT ON MATE.
[/b][/u]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
I heard a few people saying today that they only go to Stadium:MK for an afternoon with their mates, and they've pretty well given up on watching the football!

I can understand that perfectly. What I've learned from the last two Saturdays - where I've been to both games but only watched about half an hour of football - is that I don't miss the football, but I miss the people.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 pm 

You lot seem to forget, Robbie Neilson has given up a lot to come down here, Pete said so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 pm 

Dan wrote:
SwanDonOne wrote:
I heard a few people saying today that they only go to Stadium:MK for an afternoon with their mates, and they've pretty well given up on watching the football!

I can understand that perfectly. What I've learned from the last two Saturdays - where I've been to both games but only watched about half an hour of football - is that I don't miss the football, but I miss the people.

You were there again!?!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

You were there again!?!

Not today, I'm not stupid. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm 

Dan wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

You were there again!?!

Not today, I'm not stupid. :mrgreen:

But will you be watching the cricket at 03.30 ........ ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm 

I know people that live near me that have given up coming and supporting the club, especially for home games, will only go to the odd away game, seriously considering joining that club!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Agree with OP... except that KFC are even worse. Apart from their number 33 who is useful (but can't shoot). Them going down might be what, just, keeps us up.

As for us - remember the infuriating way KR always played the safety card for Martin's goal kicks? Line it up on the left and launch it to Lewie's head on the touchline? It seems that RN has taken it to the nth degree. Nicholls doesn't seem to be permitted to do anything except hoof it (goal kick or out of his hands). Cissé came back in acres of space and screamed for Lee to roll it out to him... a quick glance at the bench and Cissé was ignored and the ball was hoofed to the halfway line scrum.

Tedious.

Would agree but as much as it pains me to say it AFC were the better side yesterday, if Taylor could shoot he would be playing at a much higher level than this, they could have been out of site by halftime.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:24 am 

Galverion wrote:
Do not forget what the Hearts fans were saying a year or so ago...they were not exactly sad when RN left them were they ?

Look, on a personal level, I have nothing against RN. I like his calm, quiet manner - and he seems a genuine chap. But he is simply not cut out for MK Dons. Surely everyone can see that now ?

Yup, I'm starting to agree with you, honestly. I'm a big proponent of managers being given time, but Robbie has completely changed the culture of the club. Other clubs in the league hated us, but admired us for our style of play. Now when all we do is hold the ball and hope that Aneke gets it, or a defender cocks up for someone to run in behind, it's rather worrying. When you read through other fans' opinions, you realise the extent to which our reputation has been destroyed over the last few seasons. What's hilarious is that we have all this height and we're still shit from set-pieces, which is one of the main advantages of adding height into a side.

I don't think that our side is completely missing talent: Gilbey, Nicholls, Aneke (obviously) and Walsh are good players at this level. But, if Neilson genuinely believed that this team were good enough to get automatic promotion, then he's completely inept in judgement and understanding of what League One football is like.

He seemed to think that if he brought in a few taller players and changed the average height of the side by a few inches, then we'd automatically win games. In the Championship height and physicality is a massive factor in winning games, you need only look as far as Neil Warnock's Cardiff, or the way teams would rotationally foul us, but in League One teams actually play football now, something that we've decided to abandon. I have no idea what Neilson's tactics were yesterday, I was expecting a late onslaught of the like that we saw last season, but we did absolutely nothing but hoof it up to our kids who got outmuscled every single time. It was embarrassing in the biggest game of the season, we didn't really push on when we should have desperately been searching a winner, and Wimbledon should've won with that chance late on. Absolutely not good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Agree with OP... except that KFC are even worse. Apart from their number 33 who is useful (but can't shoot). Them going down might be what, just, keeps us up.

As for us - remember the infuriating way KR always played the safety card for Martin's goal kicks? Line it up on the left and launch it to Lewie's head on the touchline? It seems that RN has taken it to the nth degree. Nicholls doesn't seem to be permitted to do anything except hoof it (goal kick or out of his hands). Cissé came back in acres of space and screamed for Lee to roll it out to him... a quick glance at the bench and Cissé was ignored and the ball was hoofed to the halfway line scrum.

Tedious.

Would agree but as much as it pains me to say it AFC were the better side yesterday, if Taylor could shoot he would be playing at a much higher level than this, they could have been out of site by halftime.

Was Taylor their 33? He's pretty good but you can set up to deal with him. The rest of their team are donkeys.