THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:31 pm 

Is the Sunday Sport still going? That was always reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:14 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Disgusting.

I don't understand why anyone still buys newspapers - but The Sun especially. Horrible, horrible rag.

Somebody on here reads the Guardian…..

And I also read The Mail. I've read The Guardian for over 40 years because it tells me what the good guys think. I read The Mail because it tells me what the other guys think. There's no point in just reading stuff I agree with, you need to balance it with what ladybits think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:36 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Disgusting.

I don't understand why anyone still buys newspapers - but The Sun especially. Horrible, horrible rag.

I won't disagree but The Mail IMHO is worse.

It never fails to amuse me that a lot of people actually think the Mail is any worse that all the other slimy rags out there.
I regard the British media as this country's Enemy No 1. They think they can control public opinion, and unfortunately to a large extent they actually do.

All slimy rags are slimy but some are more slimy than others.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:13 pm 

keyser soze wrote:

Very reliable, I remember the headline of one issue “Double Decker Bus Found On The Moon”
Trustworthy journalism at its best

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:32 pm 

I read The Citizen

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:21 am 

Scribble wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Very reliable, I remember the headline of one issue “Double Decker Bus Found On The Moon”
Trustworthy journalism at its best

Backed up with a photo iirc. Quality journalism.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:48 am 

In regards to The Mail. When I first started reading it, around six or seven years ago, they routinely ran 20+ stories a day about the Kardashian family. Every day, more than twenty 'news items' about the huge arsed makeup enthusiasts. These days they've moved on. They focus on another reality TV family. This morning they're running 21 stories about the royal family. They particularly don't like the duke and duchess of Sussex, and they're particularly not keen on the duchess. I wonder what it is about the mixed race American divorcée they've taken against!

Me and The Current Mrs Gers were talking about the Conservatives last night, and surprisingly enough I ended up getting quite angry. My argument being that the majority of the UK aren't blatantly racist in regards to immigration, and as a country we're welcoming to those in need, and we're not a nation of 30p Lee Andersons. It's the same with The Mail. We're not all obsessed with Megan Markle, we're just not. We don't hate people because they're different to us. I hate The Mail. I loathe it, and as for The Sun! Who cares what it says. It's time has come and gone.

One last thing about The Mail. I've mentioned before that one of my little joys in life is commenting on their more outrageous stuff. My latest responding to a piece about another one of their bugbears, the BBC... "Why on earth it hasn't been shut down is beyond me". 1655 likes there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 am 

It's all bollocks, get your news from Facebook and Twitter/X instead, it's funnier that way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:01 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
It's all bollocks, get your news from Facebook and Twitter/X instead, it's funnier that way

:lol: I get the flippancy and could see myself posting exactly that sentence... but sadly, fuckwits believe that shit and they end up voting in orange coloured liars, or attacking vaccination centres.

Roll on global warming and AI, and the inevitable lingering death of our species. It's probably for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:21 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

:lol: I get the flippancy and could see myself posting exactly that sentence... but sadly, fuckwits believe that shit and they end up voting in orange coloured liars, or attacking vaccination centres.

Roll on global warming and AI, and the inevitable lingering death of our species. It's probably for the best.

Are you ITK as to when this might materialise as I have a tax bill coming up shortly and you know, if I dont need to pay it I would rather not........