THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 am 

dons50 wrote:
There’s zero chance of Labour not winning the next election. Rachel Reeves has given them credibility. She’s smart, understands economics and also understands the importance of businesses generating profits.

I understand your statement on why Labour will win but it is wrong, Labour will win because the Conservatives have spent this electoral term making themselves as unelectable as possible, they have been exposed as self serving bigots who blame all the countries economic and social issues on minority groups including but not limited to refugees, migrants, unemployed, disabled people, people suffering with their mental health, lawyers, doctors, railway staff, nurses and judges.
All the time they place the blame at others doors they oversee private companies making massive profits, tax loopholes that ensure the middle and lower classes pay a higher tax burden than the rich whilst asset stripping the country and running down public services!
Oh and their electoral message vote Conservative as things would be worse under Labour - they are beyond absurd and beyond parody.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:17 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
There’s zero chance of Labour not winning the next election. Rachel Reeves has given them credibility. She’s smart, understands economics and also understands the importance of businesses generating profits.

I understand your statement on why Labour will win but it is wrong, Labour will win because the Conservatives have spent this electoral term making themselves as unelectable as possible, they have been exposed as self serving bigots who blame all the countries economic and social issues on minority groups including but not limited to refugees, migrants, unemployed, disabled people, people suffering with their mental health, lawyers, doctors, railway staff, nurses and judges.
All the time they place the blame at others doors they oversee private companies making massive profits, tax loopholes that ensure the middle and lower classes pay a higher tax burden than the rich whilst asset stripping the country and running down public services!
Oh and their electoral message vote Conservative as things would be worse under Labour - they are beyond absurd and beyond parody.

You are both wrong. The Conservatives will lose the election (as they did on the Local Elections and the By-elections) because the conservative voters simple wont vote.

The government has completely abandoned their core voters choosing to cater for those on benefits (core labour voters will will not be swayed) and the mega rich (which wont be enough to win many seats).

They have done nothing to improve the NHS, stopping the boats or helping young families with an income over 15k.

They alienated the party members by choosing a leader we had already rejected, then he compounded it be choosing a chancellor that we had also heavily rejected- then they keep asking us for money and support.

I was phoned by the regional chairman and asked if I would be prepared to be part of the election team, but I said only if we change direction before the next election as I have no message to give the voters other than I understand and fully sympathise with their their position

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:04 pm 

Bill wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

You are both wrong. The Conservatives will lose the election (as they did on the Local Elections and the By-elections) because the conservative voters simple wont vote.

The government has completely abandoned their core voters choosing to cater for those on benefits (core labour voters will will not be swayed) and the mega rich (which wont be enough to win many seats).

They have done nothing to improve the NHS, stopping the boats or helping young families with an income over 15k.

They alienated the party members by choosing a leader we had already rejected, then he compounded it be choosing a chancellor that we had also heavily rejected- then they keep asking us for money and support.

I was phoned by the regional chairman and asked if I would be prepared to be part of the election team, but I said only if we change direction before the next election as I have no message to give the voters other than I understand and fully sympathise with their their position

Please explain what they have done for those on benefits, preferably with facts to back up any claims?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:24 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Bill wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Please explain what they have done for those on benefits, preferably with facts to back up any claims?

I assume he's referring to Boris Johnson, who certainly believes in friends with benefits.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:24 pm 

There's some truth, obviously, in all the views posted above. IMHO there is no single reason for their impending demise.
And I don't care, I just want them gone.
The reasons are too numerous to mention.
And as I've said before, I'm a tree hugger not a Starmer zealot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:55 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Bill wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Various cost of living payments, raising minimum wage, cold weather payments, various subsidies and grants avaialble for the lower income people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:23 am 

Bill wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Bill wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Various cost of living payments, raising minimum wage, cold weather payments, various subsidies and grants avaialble for the lower income people.

I like how you didn’t acknowledge the the recent changes to NI which directly benefit middle income households while disproportionally impacting those on the lowest incomes, or the fact benefits has not kept up with inflation meaning the lowest income household are worse of that 10 years ago.

The current government has been so shit that they haven’t done anything well for any group of coter except perhaps the super rich.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:56 am 

Bill wrote:

Raising the minimum wage helps those in work not those on benefits (although some in work are on benefits to supplement their earnings as the minimum wage is too low), likewise grants and subsides are for low income people, again it is a failure of the system if people are working yet unable to support themselves whilst bosses and shareholders are raking in record profits.
As pointed out by another poster those on benefits are worse off. If they really wanted to protect those on benefits why don't they implement the triple lock they have on pensions to ensure their standard of living doesn't drop?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:10 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Bill wrote:

Raising the minimum wage helps those in work not those on benefits (although some in work are on benefits to supplement their earnings as the minimum wage is too low), likewise grants and subsides are for low income people, again it is a failure of the system if people are working yet unable to support themselves whilst bosses and shareholders are raking in record profits.
As pointed out by another poster those on benefits are worse off. If they really wanted to protect those on benefits why don't they implement the triple lock they have on pensions to ensure their standard of living doesn't drop?

They don't.
They also have no real understanding of why we have so many 'economically inactive' people.
The way they would present it is that they are mostly lazy 'wasters'.
Obviously some are but there are hundreds of thousands who can't get treatment for 'simple' things like back pain, anxiety, depression and are unable to work.
I'm not going to go into the details of this but I sometimes come away from the voluntary work that I do, feeling very very depressed and angry at the state so many people are in.
I'm no great fan of Blair (I'm a tree hugger remember) but I can remember the phrase 'Tough on crime. Tough on the causes of crime'. God alone knows what all the poverty and inequality is storing up for our kids.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:55 am 

Well, they truly outdone themselves yesterday. An absolute shit storm of Islamophobia and just plain racism. It's an interesting tactic that they've adopted since the commons debacle earlier in the week, linking Labour with islamic extremists.

Firstly we had a conservative on yesterday's World At One (I've no idea if he was a minister as I came in halfway through the interview) who said on the BBC, on a publicly funded broadcaster no less, that if Labour gets elected elements of sharia law will be incorporated into the British judicial system. Personally I found it more troubling that he wasn't challenged in this outrageous lie by the presenter. But there you go!

Truss! Fuck me. While attending the far-right Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland she espoused the theory that the UK had been taken over by a cabal of left leaning 'deep state' quangos. Sat next to Farage she further went on to praise Tommy Robinson in a TV interview hosted by Steve Bannon. She publicly stated that she was driven out of office by left-leaning activists who've taken over the British establishment, and not the fact that she was the poorest PM this country's ever had, and plunged millions of homeowners into mortgage difficulties that will result in those aforementioned home owners losing their aforementioned homes. And as if that wasn't enough, she finished her interview by saying that “There’s going to be a byelection in the next few weeks, and it could be a radical Islamic party win in that byelection. So that is a possibility.”

And then of course 30p Lee. Never one to be outdone, or indeed be troubled by the truth, he rounded off the week with this beauty... “I don’t actually believe that the Islamists have got control of our country, but what I do believe is they’ve got control of Khan, and they’ve got control of London.”. I'm not a lawyer, but that sounds like a clear case of Defamation, quite simply racist and Islamophobic.

They know they're going to lose, and it now looks like they've decided to adopt the Trump tactic of just lying, and when challenged responding with even more lies to cover. An utterly despicable party. When you consider that anti-Muslim hate in the UK has more than tripled in the four months since Hamas’s attacks, what kind of person would link the opposition to that in order to score political points!

But of course if that fails they can always fall back on making jokes about transgender children while the mother of a murdered trans' girl sits in the gallery of the commons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next