THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 am 

keyser soze wrote:
How desperate are the Right becoming? GB News (an oxymoron if ever there was one) are reporting that the lefties are planning to depose Starmer once he wins the election and will make Rayner PM.

Good to see the far Right have adopted the tactics of Project Fear. Wankers.

How is GB News an oxymoron? Does GB contradict News?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:31 am 

Gers wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Let's not forget, in the wake of yet another Conservative scandal, that Angela Rayner once sold a house. The sooner these despicable bastards are gone the better.

Yes and as an ex-shadow education minister she could not calculate the tax she owed.

As I discovered last evening, this was written in a book by Lord Ashcroft. Someone who managed to avoid quite literally millions of pounds worth of tax by registering as a non-dom. I'll take fuck all nonsense where tax avoidance is concerned from him.

I’ve never understood this argument. A hypocrite can still be right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:38 am 

Don Direction wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
How desperate are the Right becoming? GB News (an oxymoron if ever there was one) are reporting that the lefties are planning to depose Starmer once he wins the election and will make Rayner PM.

In their case, yes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:36 am 

Imagine this proposition if you will.

A left-wing television station starts up. Funded by a left leaning billionaire, and staffed by almost exclusively Labour MP's as presenters, who only interview other Labour MP's. This channel then gets reported for multiple breaches of OFCOM rules, but OFCOM do little or nothing about these breaches.

Without bias, and I know in this current political climate some will struggle with this, what do you think a publication such as The Telegraph, Express or The Mail would have to say about it?

That's GB News right there. There is no argument. It's that. That's what it is. It's not a news channel, it's a station that espouses the Tory viewpoint.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:13 pm 

Gers wrote:

A left-wing television station starts up. Funded by a left leaning billionaire, and staffed by almost exclusively Labour MP's as presenters, who only interview other Labour MP's. This channel then gets reported for multiple breaches of OFCOM rules, but OFCOM do little or nothing about these breaches.

Without bias, and I know in this current political climate some will struggle with this, what do you think a publication such as The Telegraph, Express or The Mail would have to say about it?

That's GB News right there. There is no argument. It's that. That's what it is. It's not a news channel, it's a station that espouses the Tory viewpoint.

That sounds awful, I wouldn't watch it. I wouldn't try to shut it down though. Same for GB News.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:14 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Gers wrote:

That sounds awful, I wouldn't watch it. I wouldn't try to shut it down though. Same for GB News.

The only ones who look like they will shut down GB News is the owners judging by the money it loses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:29 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Gers wrote:

I'm not bothered what GB News does. I've actually never watched it. Shut it down, or keep it running. I don't care. But the fact that it's called GB News is laughable right there. It's not a news channel in the manner of Sky, or BBC. It's a Tory Party mouth piece. There's nothing wrong with that as I don't have to watch it. So I don't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:04 pm 

There's a line in Blackadder Two when he talks about (Baldrick?) being 'swept into The Thames with all the other turds'.
First up. How prescient :D . But hey, private monopolies are better than public ones eh? Oh hang on.....

Secondly. This 'government' is going to tear the Tory party apart and it will thrash around in its (death?) throws for years to come. I shall be delighted to see that. 40 years of new liberal nonsense (posing as 'simple, common sense truth') that has split society by worsening inequality with all it's attendant problems.

The Telegraph and The Mail and GB news will pour out lies and nonsense against Starmer's government (remember I'm a tree hugging Green not a Labour supporter) but it won't matter; the opposition will be too divided for it to make any difference for years and years. P*ss into the wind. Go ahead.

I'm in a particularly cheerful mood ce soir after our victory today and so (without melancholy) I am going to say I expect/hope that I will be dead by the next time anyone sees a conservative government.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:48 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

*sigh* Yes, it isn’t an oxymoron. Well done you. You win the prize for being the cleverest poster on this tiny forum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

*sigh* Yes, it isn’t an oxymoron. Well done you. You win the prize for being the cleverest poster on this tiny forum.

GB News is full of morons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next