THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:33 pm 

As a matter of interest, as we are talking politics, can I suggest a good read is 'Speaking Out' by Ed Balls. About some of the things he learned from the inside of politics. Might surprise some of you.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:31 pm 

Gers wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Another Tory MP defects to Labour - just before PMQ.

In the pathetic hope that they can stand as Labour and keep their MP pay after the Election.

An odd one that. She's one of the most right wing MP's in the house, and has done nothing but criticize Labour for it's immigration policies. If I were Labour I'd have refused to accept her.

Yup, there is apparently (and unsurprisingly) 'some disquiet among some labour MP' about it. But it's too good an opportunity to miss. Most people will have no idea of her political leanings at all so hey, use the opportunity to embarrass the government. (Starmer must have been thinking) 'what's to lose'?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:30 pm 

Dear gawd. Have you heard Sunak's comment's today?
PATHETIC/FLACCID; who TF wrote this speech thinking it would 'work'???

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:32 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

I try and avoid listening to anything that knobhead says, so no I’ve not heard, I just assume it’s verbal diarrhoea

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

We all know why he said it, just to gain some political points. BUT you cannot deny that there is probably a lot of truth in what he said.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:11 pm 

He started today by saying that the UK was in an extremely dangerous place, and that we were on the brink of war. Then spent the rest of the speech basically saying that Labour were scare-mongering.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:50 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

We all know why he said it, just to gain some political points. BUT you cannot deny that there is probably a lot of truth in what he said.

Yes I can. He's gibbering on trying to create panic and the comments about 'leadership' (because obviously he's the only one that can 'sort out' the panic :lol: ) were utterly risible given the state of his party.

I hope to see them utterly decimated - and as I've repeatedly stated I'm a tree hugger not a labour party member.

Now I'm going to add an edit here since by chance (?) I stumbled across James O'Brien's program on LBC. Now as we all presumably know, he can be insufferable at times but here he was calm and, to my mind, measured. He said something like "when you talk about 'worry and fear' then a lot of what I worry about and fear has already happened"; he then goes on to talk about the usual things - the dreadful state of the NHS, the appalling state of our prisons, trying to make homelessness a crime (now abandoned apparently), demonising the poor......

I'd never thought of it like that before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUNGZNx8qo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 am 

Never mind those two little girls with their £9 for two 'bloody' icecreams, the RAC have put my membership up by £135 this year, and for that £135 they're giving me two months less cover. Yes you've read that correctly. £135 more this year, and two months less cover. That's down to Liz Truss that. It's her fault.

Anyway. Can't sit here blaming The Tories for the cost of living crisis. I'm off to call the aforementioned RAC and telling them to fuck right off.

Anyone have the number for the AA? And no Ali, not the AA you're thinking of.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 am 

Gers wrote:
I'm off to call the aforementioned RAC and telling them to fuck right off.

Just done it. The reason for the quite frankly ludicrous increase is because my son used it last year when he had a blow out. We have a family membership which covered the three of us. So because we actually used their service they've put the price up by £135. I've been a member since 1995 and to be fair £458.99 a year for a service we as a family have used twice in living memory is daylight robbery. We can get the same cover with the AA for £252. Pissed me right off that has.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:14 pm 

Gers wrote:
Gers wrote:
I'm off to call the aforementioned RAC and telling them to fuck right off.

Just done it. The reason for the quite frankly ludicrous increase is because my son used it last year when he had a blow out. We have a family membership which covered the three of us. So because we actually used their service they've put the price up by £135. I've been a member since 1995 and to be fair £458.99 a year for a service we as a family have used twice in living memory is daylight robbery. We can get the same cover with the AA for £252. Pissed me right off that has.

Not trying to be clever and state the bleedin' obvious but it really does pay to shop around (which you obvs did). The frankly ludicrous increases on my house and car insurance were met by me with 'Is that the best you can do?' Politely tell them when they say that 'it's down to inflation' cuts no ice since inflation is what 4%? - and the increase is going on 30. Have you looked elsewhere? Yes I say and I can get it for...blah blah. They usually will 'move'. I totally 'blew out' Direct Line when they wouldn't and said, again politely, "well that's it then, sorry. Your refusal to negotiate means you have lost my house insurance, and pet insurance last year and all the drivers' car insurance this year. That was around £1000 a year. Please pass that on. Thank you" (ie f- off).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34