THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:20 pm 

Oh fuck me, will it ever stop. Susan Hall's concession.

Far too close to call. The Labour Party must be bitterly disappointed right enough.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:02 am 

Dear Mr Sunak

Please let it end. Call a general election now and allow us all some relief. You'll also be able to set a date with Pickfords to move your furniture out. Win win. I know Labour will have little wriggle room for any major changes, despite likely having a healthy majority. But at least you and your weird colleagues will be gone.

Do it for the greater good.

Yours Faithfully

K. Soze.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 1:12 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Dear Mr Sunak

Please let it end. Call a general election now and allow us all some relief. You'll also be able to set a date with Pickfords to move your furniture out. Win win. I know Labour will have little wriggle room for any major changes, despite likely having a healthy majority. But at least you and your weird colleagues will be gone.

Yours Faithfully

K. Soze.

Don't think that's a very good idea mate. According to today's Daily Mail, polls can be deceptive, and Angela Rayner still has questions to answer in regards to her house sale.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 1:48 pm 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Dear Mr Sunak

Yours Faithfully

K. Soze.

Don't think that's a very good idea mate. According to today's Daily Mail, polls can be deceptive, and Angela Rayner still has questions to answer in regards to her house sale.

Yeah. It's on a knife-edge. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:33 am 

In this morning's Daily Mail election coverage it turns out that Starmer 'Still Hasn't Convinced British Voters'

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:10 am 

Gers wrote:
In this morning's Daily Mail election coverage it turns out that Starmer 'Still Hasn't Convinced British Voters'

I don't think he has tbh. The only reason voters are flocking to Labour is because they aren't the Conservatives.

He's effectively winning by default.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:30 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

I don't think he has tbh. The only reason voters are flocking to Labour is because they aren't the Conservatives.

In this country we never vote a Government in we always vote a Government out!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:30 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Just scraped through. Lucky to have won at all really :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:36 am 

Gers wrote:
Yeah, you're right. Just scraped through. Lucky to have won at all really :roll:

I didn't say that.

Sky News have compared Thursday's local election vote share to the 2019 GE. The Conservatives are down 19 points. Labour are up 2.

There is a huge number of people out there who are thoroughly (and understandably) fucked off with the Tories, and Starmer isn't making much headway in attracting them.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:00 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

But if you compare the actual voting figures from this set of local elections and the recent by-elections to the previous ones, voters aren't flocking to Labour, the Tory voters are just not voting.
Just comparing Blackpool South

At the general election

Conservatives 16245
Labour 12557
Libdems 1008
Greens 563
Brexit Party 2008

2024 By Election
Conservatives 3218
Labour 10825
Libdems 387
Greens 368
Reform Party 3101

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next