THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:30 pm 

Simple, really.

Daft stuff that will make you smile no matter what.

For me, cats and cat videos.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:13 pm 

There's a thread on Pistonheads called "Post photos of your dogs". Any time I feel down, that's where I go to cheer myself up. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:14 pm 
Certain smells - spiced apple & cinnamon, freshly cut grass, petrol, lavender, fried onions, decent leather etc.

I'm partial to a good scented candle if I'm honest, although there is definitely a lack of petrol-scented and fried onion-scented candles about.

Also occasionally listening to really corny, old skool 90s and early-00s pop music - it's the nostalgia, remembering when life was simple and care-free.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:27 am 

Filth wrote:
Certain smells - spiced apple & cinnamon, freshly cut grass, petrol, lavender, fried onions, decent leather etc.

I'm partial to a good scented candle if I'm honest, although there is definitely a lack of petrol-scented and fried onion-scented candles about.

Also occasionally listening to really corny, old skool 90s and early-00s pop music - it's the nostalgia, remembering when life was simple and care-free.

I'm a Yankee Candle (and knock offs you get in places like The Rabge) enthusiast.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:09 am 
Alby39 wrote:
Filth wrote:

I'm a Yankee Candle (and knock offs you get in places like The Rabge) enthusiast.

100% with you. I won't take any grief for it either. 'Pumpkin Harvest' FTW, although currently enjoying 'Pecan Pie Bites'.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:04 am 

I’m a candle disciple as well, just recently purchased one called STEAM TRAIN, not bad if I’m honest, also marries up with my passion for steam railways……ironically I’m off out now on a steam day…..Chooooo…..Choooooo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:59 am 

Soundtrack music.

I very rarely listen to actual songs or artists, only once in a blue moon of my own volition actually, but I really enjoy film/TV show soundtracks. Dependent on my mood I can whack on a playlist from Game of Thrones, the MCU, LOTR, Harry Potter etc and I'll just enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:28 am 

Walking my dog. By far and away the best part of my day. Its not just the walking, its seeing the utter joy he has about being out. Despite the fact we go every single day and go to the same 3 or 4 places, its like the best thing thats ever happened to him every single time and it makes me happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:37 am 
DippyDon wrote:
Soundtrack music.

I very rarely listen to actual songs or artists, only once in a blue moon of my own volition actually, but I really enjoy film/TV show soundtracks. Dependent on my mood I can whack on a playlist from Game of Thrones, the MCU, LOTR, Harry Potter etc and I'll just enjoy it.

I listen to all kinds of music, but soundtracks are definitely one of my favourite - Game of Thrones, Westworld, Succession, anything by Hans Zimmer (The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar etc), even just one specific track from a show or film (e.g. the track 'Burial' from the first season of Your Honor).

Been spending way too much lately on decent headphones to get the best experience though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:11 pm 

It will come as no surprise that I like the humour of people like Milton Jones and Tim Vine. :roll: Also Blackadder.

People smiling and being happy (especially on a sunny day) makes me happy too. :D

The comments from this government are IMHO 'stupid shit' and make me laugh - although that's not the same as happy is it? This government does NOT make me happy.
Whatever.
Where's that bottle of Rioja - that will make me happy! :ugeek: