THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:20 pm 
Oh gawd loads...and similar to what has been posted already.

The general theme being "the grass isn't always greener".

Had a job I loved and owned my own house with a long term girlfriend by the age of 22 only to throw it all away chasing "better".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:02 pm 

Filth wrote:

Had a job I loved and owned my own house with a long term girlfriend by the age of 22 only to throw it all away chasing "better".

What does 'better' look like in Walsall? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:07 pm 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

What does 'better' look like in Walsall? :lol:

I live in a nice village, Walsall just happens to be the nearest town but it's still a 20 minute drive away thankfully.

Last edited by Filth on Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:08 pm 

Filth wrote:
I live in a nice village, Walsall just happens to be the nearest town but it's still a 20 minute drive away!

Thank God for that. :lol:

I'm going to Sutton Coldfield for a work meeting tomorrow, should I leave my valuables at home?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:11 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:
I live in a nice village, Walsall just happens to be the nearest town but it's still a 20 minute drive away!

I'm going to Sutton Coldfield for a work meeting tomorrow, should I leave my valuables at home?

Absolutely. There are no burglars in MK. Zero. None at all. All your valuables will be entirely safe.

BTW, by valuables, are we still talking about your 25 y.o. stash of Pokemon cards? :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:13 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Absolutely. There are no burglars in MK. Zero. None at all. All your valuables will be entirely safe.

BTW, by valuables, are we still talking about your 25 y.o. stash of Pokemon cards? :P

Magic the Gathering is where it's at. I've actually moved 'home' this week and I found a set from years ago. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:15 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Magic the Gathering is where it's at. I've actually moved 'home' this week and I found a set from years ago. :lol:

My kids were not into that so I don't really get the reference. But just the sort of shite to be worth far more than they should be I'm guessing. Cash in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:21 pm 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

Honestly Sutton Coldfield is largely fine, lots of posh bits. Mere Green (one of the residential areas on the edge of Sutton Coldfield) is where a lot of the Wolves and Villa players live, million pound houses etc. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to end up in one of the 'less nice' areas of Sutton Coldfield and even then it's most privately educated gangs. It's not the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield for nothing!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:23 pm 

Filth wrote:

Honestly Sutton Coldfield is largely fine, lots of posh bits. Mere Green (one of the residential areas on the edge of Sutton Coldfield) is where a lot of the Wolves and Villa players live, million pound houses etc. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to end up in one of the 'less nice' areas of Sutton Coldfield and even then it's most privately educated gangs. It's not the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield for nothing!

I'm not going far from the station, so sounds like I'll be OK!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:28 pm 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

I'm not going far from the station, so sounds like I'll be OK!

The Gracechurch Shopping Centre (near the station) does have a Greggs though. You'll be fine. I wouldn't walk around Walsall town centre at night (or most of the day to be fair), but I'd happily walk around Sutton Coldfield any time. It's a bit like a smaller St Albans I suppose.