THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:31 pm 

Filth wrote:
I'd happily walk around Sutton Coldfield any time. It's a bit like a smaller St Albans I suppose.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:16 am 
Not doing my BA before my Diploma. Still, the PhD and LLB I’ve since gained helped soften the blow…

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:57 am 

keyser soze wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Je ne regrette rien.

I regret posting this.

I regret reading this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:31 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:
Oh gawd loads...and similar to what has been posted already.

The general theme being "the grass isn't always greener".

Had a job I loved and owned my own house with a long term girlfriend by the age of 22 only to throw it all away chasing "better".

What does 'better' look like in Walsall? :lol:

The road out?

There's plenty to regret in Walsall! Plenty worse places around the West Midlands tho to be fair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:13 pm 
midland don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

Had a job I loved and owned my own house with a long term girlfriend by the age of 22 only to throw it all away chasing "better".

The road out?

There's plenty to regret in Walsall! Plenty worse places around the West Midlands tho to be fair

In the West Midlands I'd say only Dudley and parts of south Birmingham (Sparkhill, Sparkbrook) are worse than Walsall.

Walsall is horrible though. Even the Bescot Stadium is one of the worst in the EFL - and I don't want to hear about how the social club/clubhouse or whatever it is that charges you £5 to get in next to the ground is decent. It's a dive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:17 pm 

Filth wrote:
midland don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

The road out?

In the West Midlands I'd say only Dudley and parts of south Birmingham (Sparkhill, Sparkbrook) are worse than Walsall.

Walsall is horrible though. Even the Bescot Stadium is one of the worst in the EFL - and I don't want to hear about how the social club/clubhouse or whatever it is that charges you £5 to get in next to the ground is decent. It's a dive.

It used to be excellent but last time I went it had really gone downhill.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:03 pm 

Filth wrote:
midland don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

The road out?

I'd say Handsworth. Nechells, parts of Castle Vale. With you on Dudley, Sparkhill and Sparkbrook too, but yeah, Walsall isn't great.

And have you ever been to Redditch? Not just a shithole but impossible to navigate - and people say MK is just roundabouts! Try Redditch! It's like it's trying to be Milton Keynes but has done it really really badly!

And so to my biggest regret - probably dating a girl from Redditch when I worked there. Some may say not to date work colleagues, but I just think it's people from Redditch!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:03 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:
midland don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:

The road out?

It used to be excellent but last time I went it had really gone downhill.

Just wait til they get a bouncy castle for family fun day!