THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bold claims
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:01 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Crowds, whilst nice to play in front of and be amongst, are never a "12th man" and bare absolutely no relevance or impact to the results. Whether there's a crowd of 20,000 or 20, they'll never convince cricketers, or footballers to kick or hit a ball differently.

Shooooooooooooooot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:09 pm 

WellDon wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:
Crowds, whilst nice to play in front of and be amongst, are never a "12th man" and bare absolutely no relevance or impact to the results. Whether there's a crowd of 20,000 or 20, they'll never convince cricketers, or footballers to kick or hit a ball differently.

Shooooooooooooooot.

Followed by a pass ten yards to the right...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:18 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Although he has a great screen presence, Robert De Niro is a shit actor.

What qualifies a good actor though? As someone who studied activities g for many years - it's an interesting debate we had many times

Yeah, that's a good question. For me, a good actor can slip the bonds of his/her personality and can make you believe they actually are a different person. De Niro is always De Nero, even when he's been praised for gaining weight or whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch him and he's been the heart of several of the greatest films of all time. But to me he's like (but the apex example of) actors like Michael Caine and John Wayne. All three are giants of cinema and I love most of their work. But they are not great actors.

#boldclaim

I've never thought much of Michael Caine as an actor. One dimensional.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:57 am 

Aliramone wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

What qualifies a good actor though? As someone who studied activities g for many years - it's an interesting debate we had many times

Yeah, that's a good question. For me, a good actor can slip the bonds of his/her personality and can make you believe they actually are a different person. De Niro is always De Nero, even when he's been praised for gaining weight or whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch him and he's been the heart of several of the greatest films of all time. But to me he's like (but the apex example of) actors like Michael Caine and John Wayne. All three are giants of cinema and I love most of their work. But they are not great actors.

#boldclaim

Try him in Hannah and Her Sisters and also Little Voice. His climactic scene in the latter is exceptional.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:28 pm 

Watching professional golfers shoot 6/7 over par is far more enjoyable to watch than a 10 under par round. Watching them play closer to your level and be completely pissed off by it is great viewing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:15 pm 

Arse > tits

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:58 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

#boldclaim

Try him in Hannah and Her Sisters and also Little Voice. His climactic scene in the latter is exceptional.

You may be right. I've seen both of those - albeit years ago. Age may have dulled my memory (or red wine) but I don't recall thinking 'awesome' or whatever after either.