THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:08 am 

Genuine question if you would still vote conservative are there any circumstances which would be so bad you would change your mind?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:32 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Genuine question if you would still vote conservative are there any circumstances which would be so bad you would change your mind?

I've always found it quite difficult to imagine why anyone would.

Being brought up in Scotland, I was genuinely in my 20's before I'd met anyone who didn't vote Labour, and they told me that they were unsure who they'd vote for. I was around 22 when I first met a Tory. He was in his 60's I'd imagine. That was Scotland. Down here It's completely the opposite. I joined The Labour Party, I'm not a member these days, but I'll certainly vote for them at the next election.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:37 am 

I wouldn't now. I can't see the point of voting for anyone at this stage. Every party is stuffed full of PPE-graduate middle-manager types that wouldn't last four weeks on The Apprentice.

I'm sure people will pile in with 'oh, well, you don't get to have a say in how the country's run, then', but tbh I couldn't give a flying fuck because we're completely fucked either way.

Over the last few months, I've got to the point where I've started to tune politics out.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:46 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
I wouldn't now. I can't see the point of voting for anyone at this stage. Every party is stuffed full of PPE-graduate middle-manager types that wouldn't last four weeks on The Apprentice.

I'm sure people will pile in with 'oh, well, you don't get to have a say in how the country's run, then', but tbh I couldn't give a flying fuck because we're completely fucked either way.

Over the last few months, I've got to the point where I've started to tune politics out.

Are the people on the Apprentice the best we can aspire to. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:56 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

I respect your view but I fear the Tories are rather hoping that view (not voting -or have I misinterpreted you?) spreads and spreads and so improves their chances of winning. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:39 pm 

There are plenty of very competent people in Labour. The rags (Express, Sun and Mail) just don’t like to admit it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:46 pm 

Never have - never will.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:35 am 

Still one of my all time favorite quotes...

"Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:49 am 

Gers wrote:
Still one of my all time favorite quotes...

"Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband"

Wasn't 'Chaos with Ed Miliband' one of Alan Partridge's programme ideas?

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:20 am 

A week is a long time in politics 100 weeks even longer