THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Welcome Liz Truss
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:58 pm 

My knob is going to stick his neck out and say she'll be our next PM. Happy with that, although would've preferred Ben Wallace. However think Liz can do a good job, but, may be, she needs to tread carefully when put on the spot over issues. As my old school master's Willy would say "act in haste repent at leisure."

Anyway back to the positives, hopefully she'll sure things up, come up with some well thought out policies, make people feel better, then we'll be spared the crash and burn politics of Labour, with the fallout affecting our lives on a daily basis for decades thereafter.
Labour cannot be trusted with the countries' finances (public sector net debt was £347 billion in 1996/97, the year before Labour came into office, and £1,011 billion in 2009/10, their last financial year in power, that’s a cash terms rise of 191% over 13 years);
Immigration (why put controls on movement, like other countries are doing, only 60,000 will come from the former Eastern Bloc 2004-2014) or;
Defence, just ask Diane Abbott or the many other Labour MPs about sending weapons to Ukraine and their views on Russia.

Post subject: Re: Welcome Liz Truss
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:59 pm 

Wallace needs to stay as defence sec as he’s doing a good job at that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:04 pm 

A Corbyn Government would've given away all our military equipment, leaving us with just 2 dozen sandbags.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:35 pm 

Continuation of Johnson with a skirt and without chasing skirt. Has no beliefs but gettng power and liable to put her foot in her mouth. She wouldn't be welcomed at my house. Her parents had much better views, shame she couldn't learn from them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:21 pm 

I see Boris is still leading the popular vote of the three of them by quite a distance. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:31 pm 

A nasty, spiteful narcissist. Just like BoJo but without BoJo's bonhomie and clubability.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:01 pm 

Will do an excellent job at dismantling the Union. Ignoring the democratically elected leaders of the devolved regions and ripping up international agreements with fundamental ties to the NI peace process are just what the UK needs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:39 pm 

Can’t abide the woman, trying to emulate Maggie :lol: :lol: not a chance in hell Lizzy.

She might appeal to the Conservative party leadership voters, but the wider spectrum of the electorate, the ones who matter, she doesn’t.

Just seems the tories can’t see past their own noses and keep electing the wrong leaders.

PS

I can’t stand Sunak either :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:26 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
My knob is going to stick his neck out and say she'll be our next PM. Happy with that, although would've preferred Ben Wallace. However think Liz can do a good job, but, may be, she needs to tread carefully when put on the spot over issues. As my old school master's Willy would say "act in haste repent at leisure."

Anyway back to the positives, hopefully she'll sure things up, come up with some well thought out policies, make people feel better, then we'll be spared the crash and burn politics of Labour, with the fallout affecting our lives on a daily basis for decades thereafter.
Labour cannot be trusted with the countries' finances (public sector net debt was £347 billion in 1996/97, the year before Labour came into office, and £1,011 billion in 2009/10, their last financial year in power, that’s a cash terms rise of 191% over 13 years);
Immigration (why put controls on movement, like other countries are doing, only 60,000 will come from the former Eastern Bloc 2004-2014) or;
Defence, just ask Diane Abbott or the many other Labour MPs about sending weapons to Ukraine and their views on Russia.

We need an A P government.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 pm 

shenleyroyhodgson wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

We need an A P government.

We've just rid of one psycho, we don't need another one, albeit an autistic one. :lol: