THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome Liz Truss
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Nearly every company I speak to at the moment is struggling to employ staff - at all levels. Making it difficult to recruit people from overseas is mad.

Maybe we should start requiring people to do some useful work in return for their benefit money.

As for the shortage of medical staff we should abolish the high fees for medical training collages. Even consider paying medical students in the same way that apprentices are in other trades.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:03 pm 

How about we swap the British jobless bums and crackheads for the immigrants that want to work?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:07 pm 

And today, we have Sunak and his idea of taking funding away from deprived areas to help richer areas

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-08-05/sun ... rban-areas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:25 am 
Scribble wrote:
And today, we have Sunak and his idea of taking funding away from deprived areas to help richer areas

He's the reverse Robin Hood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:38 am 

Filthier wrote:
Scribble wrote:

He has handed the media a golden opportunity to completely destroy him, and they will.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:47 am 

donmentor wrote:
Filthier wrote:
Scribble wrote:

He has handed the media a golden opportunity to completely destroy him, and they will.

Yep, a classic own goal. He's intent was logical (funding to impoverished areas tends to go primarily to cities, bypassing the poor in towns and rural areas, so seek to redress that) but British politics and print media don't do subtle and nuanced. So he's done for.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:33 am 

keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Filthier wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Yep, a classic own goal. He's intent was logical (funding to impoverished areas tends to go primarily to cities, bypassing the poor in towns and rural areas, so seek to redress that) but British politics and print media don't do subtle and nuanced. So he's done for.

If you believe that you will believe anything the Tories spin. They are totally cynical in funding Tory seats compared to Labour one. which somewhat explains the fall of Labour seats to Tory ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/ ... n-research

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Are you suggesting immigration is good, even when uncontrolled? In our case, set by a Labour Government's massive mistake. How far would you take this, completely without borders? How about healthcare, education, jobs, housing and let's be honest the whole infrastructure of the UK?

Yes immigration is good an no it wasn't uncontrolled, this country desperately needs immigrants to survive and thrive for reasons such as...

We have a falling birth rate and an aging workforce, we need to increase the number of those working to a higher level than ever before to pay for the pensions and services which will be needed as the current workforce retires.
We as a country have moved to a mass university education and increased expectations of jobs/careers meaning indigenous people don't want to do essential jobs like cleaning, nursing, carers, labourers etc, immigrants will fill those gaps.
Most immigrants move to improve their prospects, they are hard working and willing to contribute to the overall economy.
The more people in an economy (of working age or younger) the stronger the economy is. Immigrants are great for this as they are rarely middle aged or older.

Sh*t, now there's a dilemma; 'these bl**dy foreigners' come over here and then work hard and contribute to the economy whereas 'proper UK people' are lazy skivers.
I'm going to have to go and lie down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:27 am 

Aliramone wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Are you suggesting immigration is good, even when uncontrolled? In our case, set by a Labour Government's massive mistake. How far would you take this, completely without borders? How about healthcare, education, jobs, housing and let's be honest the whole infrastructure of the UK?

Yes immigration is good an no it wasn't uncontrolled, this country desperately needs immigrants to survive and thrive for reasons such as...

We have a falling birth rate and an aging workforce, we need to increase the number of those working to a higher level than ever before to pay for the pensions and services which will be needed as the current workforce retires.
We as a country have moved to a mass university education and increased expectations of jobs/careers meaning indigenous people don't want to do essential jobs like cleaning, nursing, carers, labourers etc, immigrants will fill those gaps.
Most immigrants move to improve their prospects, they are hard working and willing to contribute to the overall economy.
The more people in an economy (of working age or younger) the stronger the economy is. Immigrants are great for this as they are rarely middle aged or older.

Sh*t, now there's a dilemma; 'these bl**dy foreigners' come over here and then work hard and contribute to the economy whereas 'proper UK people' are lazy skivers.

I hope in your Palais Royal in South rather than bed of nails up north. By the way it's all BS.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/08/17/liz- ... lliterate/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:09 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

I hope in your Palais Royal in South
rather than bed of nails up north. By the way it's all BS.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/08/17/liz- ... lliterate/

I vaguely remember seeing The Clash there in '78 ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next