THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome Liz Truss
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:23 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Are you suggesting immigration is good, even when uncontrolled? In our case, set by a Labour Government's massive mistake. How far would you take this, completely without borders? How about healthcare, education, jobs, housing and let's be honest the whole infrastructure of the UK?

Let the market decide.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:27 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Are you suggesting immigration is good, even when uncontrolled? In our case, set by a Labour Government's massive mistake. How far would you take this, completely without borders? How about healthcare, education, jobs, housing and let's be honest the whole infrastructure of the UK?

Yes immigration is good an no it wasn't uncontrolled, this country desperately needs immigrants to survive and thrive for reasons such as...

We have a falling birth rate and an aging workforce, we need to increase the number of those working to a higher level than ever before to pay for the pensions and services which will be needed as the current workforce retires.
We as a country have moved to a mass university education and increased expectations of jobs/careers meaning indigenous people don't want to do essential jobs like cleaning, nursing, carers, labourers etc, immigrants will fill those gaps.
Most immigrants move to improve their prospects, they are hard working and willing to contribute to the overall economy.
The more people in an economy (of working age or younger) the stronger the economy is. Immigrants are great for this as they are rarely middle aged or older.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm 

My point was due to a major error by the Labour Government there was a rapid immigration influx, the quickest and biggest in our history, which led to the majority voting to leave the EU. This catastrophic mistake affects us now and will continue to affect us. Is there anything about what I have said that you disagree with?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:38 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
My point was due to a major error by the Labour Government there was a rapid immigration influx, the quickest and biggest in our history, which led to the majority voting to leave the EU. This catastrophic mistake affects us now and will continue to affect us. Is there anything about what I have said that you disagree with?

Yes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:40 pm 

Council Kev wrote:

What the hell is going on with Arriva buses? None are turning up in MK and there is a shortage. We need answers!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:50 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Yes

Sticking to the points I have made, not side-tracking, or widening the subject of immigration, please let me know why you disagree?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:57 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Yes

Sticking to the points I have made, not side-tracking, or widening the subject of immigration, please let me know why you disagree?

I don't disagree with mass immigration.
I believe the right wing media were responsible for swaying the undecided on Brexit with lies which they were able to mass transmit to the nation.

What were your thoughts on Rishi's talk in Tunbridge Wells?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:48 pm 

Council Kev wrote:

I guess you mean the following:

https://www.farminguk.com/news/farmers- ... 60864.html

https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Articl ... ue-to-grow

https://www.ft.com/content/4817fee1-29e ... 17659ab476

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61230287

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:13 pm 

Nearly every company I speak to at the moment is struggling to employ staff - at all levels. Making it difficult to recruit people from overseas is mad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:58 pm 

The NHS, which is on its knees anyway at the moment, would collapse overnight without Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons etc from foreign lands, we absolutely need immigration in many industries across the UK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next