THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: HMBW Film Reviews
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:

A shameless plug - rather than doing schoolwork, Littlest OFD has been running his own film blog for a couple of years, click here - http://www.hmbw.co.uk/movie-reviews - for the teen view on both of the above

Well written - you should be proud of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:
Mollie's Game - true story of failed Olympic wannabe Molly Bloom who sets up an exclusive high stakes private poker game for the rich, famous and very dodgy whilst on her gap year in LA. Nabbed by the Rozzers as part of a mob purge and defended by well known American attorney Idris Elba, she has some difficult choices to make. Didn't really know what to expect but this was edge of your seat stuff, one of the best films I have seen lately

All the Money in the World - another true story, this time the 1970's kidnapping of Paul Getty, teenage grandson of squillionaire oil magnate J Paul Getty. Some sumptuous cinematography portraying 1970s Rome, but this felt slow and a bit disconnected to me, all the more surprising given that it's a Ridley Scott film

A shameless plug - rather than doing schoolwork, Littlest OFD has been running his own film blog for a couple of years, click here - http://www.hmbw.co.uk/movie-reviews - for the teen view on both of the above

Indeed. Very well put together. Avoids the obvious cliches.

Post subject: Re: HMBW Reviews
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

OFD -let's give him his own thread on here. Feel free to re-link as his blog gets updated. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 pm 

Gers wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:
Mollie's Game - true story of failed Olympic wannabe Molly Bloom who sets up an exclusive high stakes private poker game for the rich, famous and very dodgy whilst on her gap year in LA. Nabbed by the Rozzers as part of a mob purge and defended by well known American attorney Idris Elba, she has some difficult choices to make. Didn't really know what to expect but this was edge of your seat stuff, one of the best films I have seen lately

All the Money in the World - another true story, this time the 1970's kidnapping of Paul Getty, teenage grandson of squillionaire oil magnate J Paul Getty. Some sumptuous cinematography portraying 1970s Rome, but this felt slow and a bit disconnected to me, all the more surprising given that it's a Ridley Scott film

Indeed. Very well put together. Avoids the obvious cliches.

Thats fantastic chaps - many thanks for the comments - I will feed back to the little tyke!

:D

Last edited by Oldfarmdons on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: HMBW Reviews
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 pm 

Sphere wrote:
OFD -let's give him his own thread on here. Feel free to re-link as his blog gets updated. :)

Brilliant - many thanks Sphere - will do!

Post subject: Re: HMBW Film Reviews
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 am 

Read the review for 'all the money in the world' ... a film that would have escaped me had I not seen his blog but will now endeavour to watch.

Thought it was a really well written blog, immaculately proof read and really easy reading. Gives a fantastic insight in to the film without any spoilers which is a big plus. Give him my props and hopefully he keeps it up :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:15 pm 

Weirdly enough, me and a friend have spoken about doing a podcast for film reviews and general chitter chatter about films for a few months now. Something we are both passionate about. So I’ll definitely give it a read. Always interested in other people’s opinions.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:24 pm 

Review for Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri now up:

http://www.hmbw.co.uk/movie-reviews

Coming soon - review for Darkest Hour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
Review for Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri now up:

Coming soon - review for Darkest Hour

I've heard very good stuff about this. I intend going to see it soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 pm 

Review for Darkest Hour now up:

(Scroll down for the Three Billboards and other recent reviews)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next