THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:39 pm 

Be careful what you wish for. Until April 2020 Labour was led by a man who is anti-British, anti-Jewish, met with the IRA during the troubles and very recently:

"Stop the War Coalition statement on Ukraine crisis
On 18 February 2022, in the week before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Corbyn alongside 11 Labour MPs cosigned a statement from the Stop the War Coalition opposing any war in Ukraine. The statement said that "the crisis should be settled on a basis which recognises the right of the Ukrainian people to self-determination and addresses Russia’s security concerns", that NATO "should call a halt to its eastward expansion", and that the British government's sending of arms to Ukraine and troops to eastern Europe served "no purpose other than inflaming tensions and indicating disdain for Russian concerns". The statement's authors also said that they "refute the idea that NATO is a defensive alliance".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:20 pm 

I hate to state the blindingly obvious, and I know that you can prove anything with facts, but Corbyn isn't leader of the party, indeed he's had the whip withdrawn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:41 pm 

Gers wrote:
I hate to state the blindingly obvious, and I know that you can prove anything with facts, but Corbyn isn't leader of the party, indeed he's had the whip withdrawn.

Very true, but the original poster did say 'what if ?'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:58 pm 

Gers wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Gers wrote:
Johnson, and brexit in particular have reduced our standing internationally. There's no argument there. Under the current administration, our influence has been diminished.

I disagree with that massively. Does the US care thatwe aren't in the EU? China? Japan, India, South Korea? How often does the average person around the world even think about whether we are in the EU or not?

Err, yes, and a lot.

I did think that engaging in political debate on here was something best avoided, so I'll withdraw with my dignity intact at this point.

Hasta la vista, baby.

I'm sorry, you can't just state something as fact like that and then not back it up. I have a sneaking suspicion you had already made up your mind long ago and you're just looking for news which backs up what you already think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:20 pm 

I fucking love The Conservatives

"This was a criminal offence. Now it’s an option for business."

If there's one sentence that sums this utter fucking disgrace of a government, then it's this nonsense from the Business Secretary. I'd genuinely be embarrassed to admit that I'd be the sort of person who'd support a government that put profit before employees. They've actually changed the law today to make it legal to hire staff in to replace striking workers. What a Ladybit of a thing to do. Bastards every last one of them. Fucking bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:01 am 

Gers wrote:
I fucking love The Conservatives

"This was a criminal offence. Now it’s an option for business."

If there's one sentence that sums this utter fucking disgrace of a government, then it's this nonsense from the Business Secretary. I'd genuinely be embarrassed to admit that I'd be the sort of person who'd support a government that put profit before employees. They've actually changed the law today to make it legal to hire staff in to replace striking workers. What a Ladybit of a thing to do. Bastards every last one of them. Fucking bastards.

Nothing by way of reason, the written form of shouting and swearing.

Regretfully Tory bashing is very much on-point at this time, but it'll pass as these fads do. In recent years there's been fads on LGBTQ+, Black Lives Matter, Love the NHS and Slava Ukraini. All very much just causes, but when en-vogue the vast majority jump on the bandwagon, without any sort of effort or commitment to make things better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:57 pm 

[quote="Council Kev"]Be careful what you wish for. Until April 2020 Labour was led by a man who is anti-British, anti-Jewish, met with the IRA during the troubles and very recently:

Just saying like....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 499643.stm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:44 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. Until April 2020 Labour was led by a man who is anti-British, anti-Jewish, met with the IRA during the troubles and very recently:

Just saying like....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 499643.stm

LOL. Kev must think the Good Friday agreement just appeared, fully formed, like a virgin birth.

Silly rabbit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:45 pm 

My knob is spitting feathers here, after reading your posts! See below.

Council Kev wrote:
AND very recently:

On 18 February 2022, in the week before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Corbyn alongside 11 Labour MPs cosigned a statement from the Stop the War Coalition opposing any war in Ukraine. The statement said that "the crisis should be settled on a basis which recognises the right of the Ukrainian people to self-determination and addresses Russia’s security concerns", that NATO "should call a halt to its eastward expansion", and that the British government's sending of arms to Ukraine and troops to eastern Europe served "no purpose other than inflaming tensions and indicating disdain for Russian concerns". The statement's authors also said that they "refute the idea that NATO is a defensive alliance".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:46 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
My knob is spitting feathers here, after reading your posts! See below.

Council Kev wrote:
AND very recently:

I agree with 95% of that. The only way I differ is that self determination includes self defence and the right to for Ukraine to arm themselves. As Ukraine have asked NATO countries for arms, I see the only reason to deny them if it directly leada to a NATO and Russian confrontation. I do oppose the sending of troops and do want a negotiated peace, if possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next