THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:36 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Gers wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
dealings with Russia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62068421

No doubt Boris has met many, along with most Western leaders who've some very dodgy connections. All linked to money, energy and donations. However outwardly when it comes to response and support the UK, under a Tory Government, have been one of the lions of the West. Corbyn, his inner circle and Labour share much common ground with Russia and if things had turned out differently, the UK Labour Government would've given a passive response. Keep Labour out of power, or the UK hating red devils will rise again.

I'm assuming this is a wind-up to occupy your time on a slow day as not even you can be this stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:27 am 

Third Team Lucky wrote:
I'm assuming this is a wind-up to occupy your time on a slow day as, in my opinion, not even you can be this stupid.

I've adjusted your sentence to take into account I'm allowed my own mind, and as a result make your post less Putin-like / left wing, in my opinion.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:20 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
under a Tory Government, have been one of the lions of the West

Holy shit! Well if nothing else it's good to see irony alive and well on this forum. Ukraine apart, we're the laughing stock of The West. Johnson, and brexit in particular have reduced our standing internationally. There's no argument there. Under the current administration, our influence has been diminished.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:06 pm 

Gers wrote:
Johnson, and brexit in particular have reduced our standing internationally. There's no argument there. Under the current administration, our influence has been diminished.

I disagree with that massively. Does the US care thatwe aren't in the EU? China? Japan, India, South Korea? How often does the average person around the world even think about whether we are in the EU or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:10 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Let's speculate. What will Rishi Sunak / Liz Truss / Penny Mordaunt do when China invades Taiwan? 8-)

The west doesn't give a shit about Taiwan. They all talk a good game, but hardly any western countries recognise Taiwan as an independant state. They're quite happy playing both sides.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Let's speculate. What will Rishi Sunak / Liz Truss / Penny Mordaunt do when China invades Taiwan? 8-)

Sound very angry, looking very stern, then go back to the House of Commons subsidised bar.

Now down to the Boris corrupt cabinet final two Sunak or Truss.

What a choice :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:59 am 

Locutus wrote:
Gers wrote:
Johnson, and brexit in particular have reduced our standing internationally. There's no argument there. Under the current administration, our influence has been diminished.

I disagree with that massively. Does the US care thatwe aren't in the EU? China? Japan, India, South Korea? How often does the average person around the world even think about whether we are in the EU or not?

Err, yes, and a lot.

I did think that engaging in political debate on here was something best avoided, so I'll withdraw with my dignity intact at this point.

Hasta la vista, baby.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:34 am 

Gers wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
under a Tory Government, have been one of the lions of the West

Holy shit! Well if nothing else it's good to see irony alive and well on this forum. Ukraine apart, we're the laughing stock of The West. Johnson, and brexit in particular have reduced our standing internationally. There's no argument there. Under the current administration, our influence has been diminished.

No doubt those in power in The West know that Brexit was caused by a massive error by a Labour Government.
Existing EU members had the option to restrict movement of former Eastern Bloc countries residents, when joining in 2004, for a period of 10 years.
All members restricted movement, apart from Sweden, Irish Republic (largely protected from a mass influx by having the Great Britain option close-by) and of course the UK. Gordon Brown's Labour Government only thought 60,000 would come. Had we not had a massive influx, then the Brexit vote wouldn't have been necessary and we'd still be in the EU now. I have no problem with those from former Eastern Bloc countries coming, after all a Labour Government made a huge error in judgement.
Would also add the a Tory Government blocked freedom of movement when Romania and Bulgaria joined, as allowed by the EU.

Keep Labour out of number 10, they're a wrecking ball that lasts for decades.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 am 

Locutus wrote:
Gers wrote:

The US, at least under their current President, absolutely care. Anglo-Irish relationship have always been of key interest to certain movers and shakers in US politics. The breakdown in this relationship due to Brexit has raised big concerns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:29 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Keep Labour out of number 10, they're a wrecking ball that lasts for decades.

Whereas the last 12 years have been a right barrel of laughs.

I'm young sure and know next to nothing about politics, but the Tories have been in power since I was 14 and the only good thing that I've seen them do is the vaccine rollout. Unless something drastic changes in the far future, I'm NEVER voting blue. My MP is that ladybit Nadine Dorries and she's running around like an absolute melon for the second time after her I'm a Celebrity debacle. Everything since I've been able to vote has turned me so far away from those elitist fucks.

It says a lot when the best Prime Minister that I can actually remember is a fucking war criminal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next