THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1045
Location: 1978/79
Many years ago (82 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) I saw them with Hugh Cornwell and he was half assed as he had obviously decided to p*ss off but I have to say with Baz now on guitar and vocals they are excellent.

This version still has Jet on drums but 'the new kid Jim' these days is very good - dare I say just as good as Jet?
You have to play this LOUD if 'you are of a certain age'.

My son has just told me to turn it down as he has to get up early. I've nodded in agreement (and when he left) then turned it up....heh heh...FFS how many nights did he keep moi awake when he was throwing up and whinging as a kid ...ha the tables have turned now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tealap5wNIg

Dedicated to those who some people call bedwetters.....Get a grip
Ach F- it

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 735
Thanks Ali. Great memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 471
Location: Somewhere in SG19
Great tune & live version Ali.
Here's the studio version with sax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnBE8dC3ck

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1045
Location: 1978/79
Not at all bad!!!
Have been bashing out the chords to Dagenham Dave today......
I'm an old so and so but these really were great lyrics.
I can like ....dude... :roll: get into earlier stuff. Beatles, Stones, ELP :shock: .but latterly the stuff that seems to be 'the yoof music'....ach no no I won't go there .....
APART FROM TO SAY ITS F- AWFUL.... :ugeek:

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 471
Location: Somewhere in SG19
It's not all generic copycat EDM and/or 'look, we've discovered rap' (again) Grime out there, although you wouldn't think it from the charts.
Try 6 Music in the afternoons with Radcliffe / Maconie / Lamacq - there's some nuggets of good new stuff being played by some good new artists.

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 471
Location: Somewhere in SG19
And here's the Streetband feat. a young Paul Young rapping & scratching on (possibly) the first Top 20 Rap hit on TOTP, back in 1978...
Toast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmKStqugMc

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1045
Location: 1978/79
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
It's not all generic copycat EDM and/or 'look, we've discovered rap' (again) Grime out there, although you wouldn't think it from the charts.
Try 6 Music in the afternoons with Radcliffe / Maconie / Lamacq - there's some nuggets of good new stuff being played by some good new artists.

I shall give it a listen. Ta.

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 471
Location: Somewhere in SG19
Aliramone wrote:
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
It's not all generic copycat EDM and/or 'look, we've discovered rap' (again) Grime out there, although you wouldn't think it from the charts.
Try 6 Music in the afternoons with Radcliffe / Maconie / Lamacq - there's some nuggets of good new stuff being played by some good new artists.

I shall give it a listen. Ta.

Here's the current 6 Music playlist with preview clips: http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist
I'm particularly liking that new band from Cardiff called Boy Azooga with Face Behind Her Cigarette, on the 6 Music B list atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7OooQm2CE

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1045
Location: 1978/79
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
It's not all generic copycat EDM and/or 'look, we've discovered rap' (again) Grime out there, although you wouldn't think it from the charts.
Try 6 Music in the afternoons with Radcliffe / Maconie / Lamacq - there's some nuggets of good new stuff being played by some good new artists.

I shall give it a listen. Ta.

Here's the current 6 Music playlist with preview clips: http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist
I'm particularly liking that new band from Cardiff called Boy Azooga with Face Behind Her Cigarette, on the 6 Music B list atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7OooQm2CE


That Baxter Dury. It's Ian's son isn't it?
Last seen by me on the cover of NBAP I think.
Sounds like his old man too!

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:57 pm
Posts: 267
It is indeed Ian’s boy. Saw him live in the summer - musically quite interesting, but came across more than a little seedy as a bloke. Got an album of his somewhere which gets a play every now and again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group