THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:26 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm
Posts: 426
Some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1322
familymkdonsfan wrote:
That some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


I use learnerized


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm
Posts: 64
You are the learnest person on here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
You learn something new everyday.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 516
familymkdonsfan wrote:
That some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


Both are acceptable but "learned" is a touch American.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm
Posts: 426
Don Direction wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
That some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


Both are acceptable but "learned" is a touch American.


That would appear to be the case:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ge50.shtml

A few other 'interesting' answers to questions on that webpage too...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 176
I use 'learnt' to mean gained new knowledge and 'learned' for one who has knowledge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
Posts: 1026
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
That some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


Both are acceptable but "learned" is a touch American.


That would appear to be the case:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ge50.shtml

A few other 'interesting' answers to questions on that webpage too...

That's 33 years working for Americans. :oops:

_________________
I don't need your ill-informed, half-baked, idiotic opinions. I have plenty of those myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm
Posts: 426
keyser soze wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
That some people write "learned" and some write "learnt". Which is it?


Both are acceptable but "learned" is a touch American.


That would appear to be the case:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ge50.shtml

A few other 'interesting' answers to questions on that webpage too...

That's 33 years working for Americans. :oops:


I must admit I too have started writing it with an 'ed' over recent years but wasn't entirely sure why :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1322
Where does 'learniated' fit in?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group