THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: #Donotcomply
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:30 pm 

dons50 wrote:

But do they really make a difference? Scotland and Wales have had tougher mask wearing rules than England, at least until yesterday, but their transmission rates are higher.

An interesting point and something I haven't look a whole lot into. Sadly a lot of research is now largely ignored if it doesn't meet somebodies preexisting belief so even if there is no evidence that masks in public spaces actually have a significant impact on reducing the spread in real life, many people will still want them.

The one thing I cannot get my head around right now, is why those who wanted Covid passports are not in meltdown right now. Recent research in the US, UK and Israel all indicate that those who have been vaccinated for longer than 3 months are just as likely to spread the virus than those who are vaccinated, therefore surely everyone should need proof of negative tests rather than proof of vaccine? It is all very odd, and just another thing in modern society that is further dividing the population.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:44 pm 

dons50 wrote:
I’m a bit mixed about masks. They were pretty much compulsory when I was overseas and, once you get used to it, not really much of an inconvenience.

But do they really make a difference? Scotland and Wales have had tougher mask wearing rules than England, at least until yesterday, but their transmission rates are higher.

I’m also unsure why anyone who has had the jabs would really be worried. The likelihood of them getting seriously ill is minuscule.

Unless you have access to medical grade masks, which you are measured for so they make a proper seal, then you are wasting time, money and effort in wearing paper or cloth masks, as they have very little effect if any at all.

They have made no impact on preventing the spread of covid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:56 pm 

Scribble wrote:
dons50 wrote:
I’m a bit mixed about masks. They were pretty much compulsory when I was overseas and, once you get used to it, not really much of an inconvenience.

I’m also unsure why anyone who has had the jabs would really be worried. The likelihood of them getting seriously ill is minuscule.

Unless you have access to medical grade masks, which you are measured for so they make a proper seal, then you are wasting time, money and effort in wearing paper or cloth masks, as they have very little effect if any at all.

They have made no impact on preventing the spread of covid.

My guess would be Bojo and his cronies have just invested in some PPE firms or given more contracts to their favourite pubs..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:21 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
dons50 wrote:

An interesting point and something I haven't look a whole lot into. Sadly a lot of research is now largely ignored if it doesn't meet somebodies preexisting belief so even if there is no evidence that masks in public spaces actually have a significant impact on reducing the spread in real life, many people will still want them.

The one thing I cannot get my head around right now, is why those who wanted Covid passports are not in meltdown right now. Recent research in the US, UK and Israel all indicate that those who have been vaccinated for longer than 3 months are just as likely to spread the virus than those who are vaccinated, therefore surely everyone should need proof of negative tests rather than proof of vaccine? It is all very odd, and just another thing in modern society that is further dividing the population.

I agree. I’m not sure why testing isn’t much higher profile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:59 pm 

Irrespective of my views on mask wearing, which I've made quite clear, I think the massive overreaction from my company and some of our customers is nothing short of pathetic. Our customers are various local authorities and housing associations.

We've had endless emails today. Some highlights...

Mask wearing is now compulsory. No exceptions.
There will be spot checks to ensure that we're complying.
Anyone who can work directly from home must do so.
No one can come into either the stores or office. Which makes picking materials up somewhat difficult.
All office staff must work from home.
We're being asked to ask tenants whether they've come into contact with someone who's recent tested positive before we enter the property.

I can see that last one being a big hit. Utter nonsense. Really makes you wonder how long it'll be before there's talk of yet another lockdown.

I'm wholeheartedly sick of the whole thing. Sorry, rant over.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:14 pm 

Gers wrote:
Irrespective of my views on mask wearing, which I've made quite clear, I think the massive overreaction from my company and some of our customers is nothing short of pathetic. Our customers are various local authorities and housing associations.

We've had endless emails today. Some highlights...

Mask wearing is now compulsory. No exceptions.
There will be spot checks to ensure that we're complying.
Anyone who can work directly from home must do so.
No one can come into either the stores or office. Which makes picking materials up somewhat difficult.
All office staff must work from home.
We're being asked to ask tenants whether they've come into contact with someone who's recent tested positive before we enter the property.

I can see that last one being a big hit. Utter nonsense. Really makes you wonder how long it'll be before there's talk of yet another lockdown.

I'm wholeheartedly sick of the whole thing. Sorry, rant over.

I agree.

At least the markets recovered slightly today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:07 pm 

I forgot an absolute cracker. Even when working in a void, I.E. an empty property, these rules still apply.

So, I could be in an empty house, with the doors and windows open, and I'm still expected to wear a mask, disposable gloves and covers on my feet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Recent research in the US, UK and Israel all indicate that those who have been vaccinated for longer than 3 months are just as likely to spread the virus than those who are vaccinated, therefore surely everyone should need proof of negative tests rather than proof of vaccine? It is all very odd, and just another thing in modern society that is further dividing the population.

I think I know the research you're referring to but I think you've got it wrong. It was if a vaccinated person with Covid infects someone then the viral load is the same as a non-vaccinated person infected another which is not the same as just as likely as if you're vaccinated you're much less likely to catch it in the first place (and if you're not infected, you obviously can't infect anyone else).

People have confused "you can still catch it if you're vaccinated" with "vaccination never stops someone from catching it." The vaccine prevents the majority from catching it and if you catch it this is called breakthrough cases. No vaccine is 100% effective.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:21 pm 

Gers wrote:
I forgot an absolute cracker. Even when working in a void, I.E. an empty property, these rules still apply.

So, I could be in an empty house, with the doors and windows open, and I'm still expected to wear a mask, disposable gloves and covers on my feet.

That is obviously stupid but I think it's explained by:

Gers wrote:
Our customers are various local authorities and housing associations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:26 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Gers wrote:

That is obviously stupid but I think it's explained by:

Gers wrote:
Our customers are various local authorities and housing associations.

The people making these decisions most likely haven’t lost a penny in income during the whole pandemic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next