THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: #Donotcomply
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:34 am 

Won't make the slightest bot of difference chez Gers. We've never stopped wearing them.

Be an anti vaccine, a covid denier, don't wear a mask, I couldn't care less. It's up to you. I'd be grateful however if you'd stop harassing those of us that are none of those things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 am 

It has not been made clear that the standard vaccines are largely ineffective for the vulnerable, particularly the immuno compromised like myself where, if hospitalised with Covid a third die in past records. The monoclonal anti body vaccines being developed are very promising for this 2 million plus of our country. However what made me angry last week in a call with fellow blood cancer charity chairs this new emerging vaccines are in short supply and in the states, where they are ahead of us, much of the supply has been given to antivaxxers who fall ill. Now i respect peoples view not to be vaccinated but then they need to accept the dangers of that and take their chances and leave a scarce supply to those who want to be vaccinated, are vulnerable and need the defence so they can also 'get back to normal'. (Think I am turning into a Daily Mail reader!) I am lobbying government to authorise the vaccines SOLELY for the immuno compromised etc until there is sufficient stock for the general population.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 am 

I’m a bit mixed about masks. They were pretty much compulsory when I was overseas and, once you get used to it, not really much of an inconvenience.

But do they really make a difference? Scotland and Wales have had tougher mask wearing rules than England, at least until yesterday, but their transmission rates are higher.

I’m also unsure why anyone who has had the jabs would really be worried. The likelihood of them getting seriously ill is minuscule.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 am 

If you're wearing masks you better:
1 - not use those blue things. Don't make a blind bit of difference.

2 - Wash and replace a better quality mask every single time you leave the house or else germs from the big bad outside may be brought into your household and spread elsewhere.

I suspect the latter is not followed as its too much effort and the former is commonly done to avoid "hassle".

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 am 

dons50 wrote:
I’m a bit mixed about masks. They were pretty much compulsory when I was overseas and, once you get used to it, not really much of an inconvenience.

But do they really make a difference? Scotland and Wales have had tougher mask wearing rules than England, at least until yesterday, but their transmission rates are higher.

I’m also unsure why anyone who has had the jabs would really be worried. The likelihood of them getting seriously ill is minuscule.

Covid is running through my company at the minute at a rate on knots unknown to mortal man. We've currently got three people off with it, All double jabbed. In actual fact one of them, one of the owners of the company, has had his booster shot as well. I'll admit that he's not that bad. Says it's like having a mild case of flu. He's tired, and has aching limbs, but nothing else. However, one of the younger lads, I'm guessing that he's around 30ish, is really bad with is. An ambulance was called. In total, we've had five guys that have caught it in that last couple of months. All with varying degrees of severity. One of them, not jabbed as he's a fucking selfish prick, lost a whole week of his life where he says that he cant remember a single thing.

Younger people are being both extremely selfish, and extremely stupid. You've only got to look on Twitter last night to reinforce that argument. If indeed an argument even exists. Due to staff shortages at work, those of us who are still working, are snowed under at the minute. I had an apprentice with me last week for a day. Not jabbed, refused to wear a mask in other people's properties. Now I'm almost 60. I'm in pretty good health at the minute, for a change, but you cant possibly disagree that he was acting like a fucking wanker.

It's common courtesy to wear a mask. I wear one when I'm at the stadium, and you could count on the fingers of one hand those that do. Wear one, don't wear one, it's your fucking choice. But don't berate those of us that do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:50 am 

Gers wrote:
But don't berate those of us that do.

Absolutely this. Although I'm not sure spending the first 98% of the post berating those people yourself is going to help.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:16 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It makes one proud to be British, the scientific prowess that we possess.

Within just a couple of days of the Omicron variant presenting itself as a potential risk, they've managed to work out that it's highly contagious in shops and on buses and trains - but not in pubs, nightclubs, football grounds, concerts, churches, mosques, synagogues, Nativity plays or anywhere else.

Fair play to them for working that out so quickly.

It's a question of choice. Visiting shops and transport is generally a must do. The rest is your choice on whether to take a risk or not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:27 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:
But don't berate those of us that do.

Absolutely this. Although I'm not sure spending the first 98% of the post berating those people yourself is going to help.

Unlike those on Twitter, and football forums, I'm not an epidemiologist. I'm an electrical engineer. I don't tend to listen to expertise from the likes of Vallence and Whitty, when I can get expert scientific evidence from someone via the internet.

There's no debate to be had. Wear a fucking mask. Everyone who is currently refusing to do so is a fucking selfish idiot. We've been told to ensure that we leave the front door open, and also open the windows of any room we're working in. And that was before yesterday's presser. However, wear one, or don't. It's a personal choice. Which I suppose is why they're now mandatory, as most folk are fucking idiots whom can't be trusted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:35 am 

Gers wrote:
There's no debate to be had. Wear a fucking mask. Everyone who is currently refusing to do so is a fucking selfish idiot. We've been told to ensure that we leave the front door open, and also open the windows of any room we're working in. And that was before yesterday's presser. However, wear one, or don't. It's a personal choice. Which I suppose is why they're now mandatory, as most folk are fucking idiots whom can't be trusted.

"Do whatever you want. I don't care. But I'm going to call you every name under the sun if you do something I don't agree with." :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:47 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

"Do whatever you want. I don't care. But I'm going to call you every name under the sun if you do something I don't agree with." :lol: :lol: :lol:

My only mantra in life is quite simply this, do whatever you want, just as long as it doesn't affect me. And with that, I'm leaving this debate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next