THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:35 am 

Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Because I'm avoiding the City Center I have yet to hear 'the usual tunes'. Thank gawd.

Whamagedden starts tomorrow.

For the uninitiated, the rules. You have to go straight through December, up until midnight on Christmas Eve, without hearing 'Last Christmas'.

Last Christmas is brilliant, and not in a post-modern, arch, ironic way. And so is All I Want For Crimbo by Maria Carey.

These are proven facts. Chris Whitty has a slide that proves it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 am 

keyser soze wrote:
These are proven facts. Chris Whitty has a slide that proves it.

In that case, it's absolutely, definitely, indisputably true. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:40 pm 

Heard 'I believe in Father Christmas' in Homebase just now. That's it, the floodgates are going to be opened. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:46 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Heard 'I believe in Father Christmas' in Homebase just now. That's it, the floodgates are going to be opened. :(

:lol:
Went into a Sainsburys at lunchtime to get some food, the cashier at the checkout was moaning about having Christmas music playing all day on a loop, “ I’ve heard Slade nine times today, surely that’s mental abuse”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:13 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Went into a Sainsburys at lunchtime to get some food, the cashier at the checkout was moaning about having Christmas music playing all day on a loop, “ I’ve heard Slade nine times today, surely that’s mental abuse”

Bl**dy Hell. That's reminded me I saw them 39 years ago - must be more or less to the day - at Brunel Uni. Fantastic set and you know.... I even enjoyed that one that they did as an encore. The following years have however resulted in, what I believe economists refer to as. 'diminishing returns'.
It's that ruddy Wizzard one that really gets me.
And the Elton John one
Fairy Tale holds no delight for me either
(Anyone like The Mikado ;) ) Not to mention..... as well as......oh and there's you know who.......:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:18 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Bl**dy Hell. That's reminded me I saw them 39 years ago - must be more or less to the day - at Brunel Uni. Fantastic set and you know.... I even enjoyed that one that they did as an encore

Similar - I saw them on 6th December 83 at the Birmingham Poly with the same encore! Legendary stuff, proper ear splitting rock and roll - one of my favourite gigs ever :D

Many moons ago I worked in the Wimpy up in the Centre. During the last week of November the Christmas music cassette went on, one hour and five minutes playing constantly on loop all the way to the new year, same songs hour after hour- day after day - week after week

I now break out into a cold sweat every time I hear Elton John's Step into Christmas :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 pm 

Been told in no uncertain words, that the tree and outside lights are to go up this weekend

I feel I’m being bullied by my wife, adult children and grandkids :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:08 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Been told in no uncertain words, that the tree and outside lights are to go up this weekend

I feel I’m being bullied by my wife, adult children and grandkids :shock:

You've only just noticed? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:54 am 

Looking at my Christmas Gannt chart, my tree and decos are due to be put up on Sunday 12th. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:51 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Looking at my Christmas Gannt chart, my tree and decos are due to be put up on Sunday 12th. 8-)

Christmas Gannt chart? Blimey; There speaks an organised man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next