THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The soul of MK
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:50 pm 
Family moved to MK in 1998 and moved away in 2012 and I miss living there massively. All the shitty memories I have of growing up - the underpasses, playing fields/green spaces, roundabouts, new build housing estates (and some slightly older ones), being too scared to venture into Fishermead or Eaglestone, going up the city, the bowl, how quiet it is on the roads late at night. It's peaceful as fuck. MK definitely has a soul. Would move back in a heartbeat but the cost of a mortgage and even renting somewhere half decent in MK is just too steep compared to where I am now (near Walsall). Lived in plenty of towns and cities in the UK and abroad and MK still feels like home. The only other place I've enjoyed living as much as MK would be when I lived in Paddington in London for 18 months but that was just down to being so close to central London and lots of things always going on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:35 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Family moved to MK in 1998 and moved away in 2012 and I miss living there massively. All the shitty memories I have of growing up - the underpasses, playing fields/green spaces, roundabouts, new build housing estates (and some slightly older ones), being too scared to venture into Fishermead or Eaglestone, going up the city, the bowl, how quiet it is on the roads late at night. It's peaceful as fuck. MK definitely has a soul. Would move back in a heartbeat but the cost of a mortgage and even renting somewhere half decent in MK is just too steep compared to where I am now (near Walsall). Lived in plenty of towns and cities in the UK and abroad and MK still feels like home. The only other place I've enjoyed living as much as MK would be when I lived in Paddington in London for 18 months but that was just down to being so close to central London and lots of things always going on.

Buy a boat. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:52 am 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Buy a boat. ;)

I'm not yet at that stage in life where I'm prepared to get up on a Sunday morning to jet wash some drunkard's piss off the side of my barge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:04 am 

Filthier wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Buy a boat. ;)

I'm not yet at that stage in life where I'm prepared to get up on a Sunday morning to jet wash some drunkard's piss off the side of my barge

Only Dan pisses against the side of his boat, the HQ of the Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:55 pm 

Filthier wrote:

Yeah, some things never change.....