THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Covid Corner
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 pm 

I was contacted by track and trace today telling me that I was in close contact with someone who tested positive within the last week. They say that I don't need to self isolate if I'm vaccinated, I'm triple jabbed, but I should have a PCR test, or do daily lateral flow tests for seven days.

I did a lateral flow this morning, which was negative. I've been to the stadium, the MKFM studio, my company's office, loads of houses in London, and that's it. I'm assuming that it's the stadium, but I can't be sure obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:48 am 

Continuing on from my conversation with dons50 in another thread, where we went on a bit of a tangent, it is interesting to see the Bundesliga games go ahead this weekend. Bayern had 9 cases amongst players, as well as 3 injury concerns, yet still had to play against Mochengladbach who themselves had 4 out with Covid.

Bundesliga appears to have taken a much stronger stance on cancellations compared to the Premier League/EFL, as many clubs have been hit with outbreaks and injury problems yet all fixtures have gone ahead in this first week back. I can't help but feel the busy Christmas schedule, injury problems and being close to the transfer reopening has been the reason for many teams to push for cancellations in the UK rather than the Covid outbreaks themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:25 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
My 6 year old nephew developed covid symptoms last night and tested positive this morning. He's feeling very rough apparently.
He and my brother were in our house earlier that day as well so that's doubly bad news. Nobody else testing positive yet.

I hope he’s ok, Bertie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:45 pm 

dons50 wrote:
My 6 year old nephew developed covid symptoms last night and tested positive this morning. He's feeling very rough apparently.
He and my brother were in our house earlier that day as well so that's doubly bad news. Nobody else testing positive yet.

I hope he’s ok, Bertie.

Thanks. :)
Spoke to them recently and he's improved as the day has gone on and is more like his usual self so hopefully that continues.

That’s good to hear.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am 

After being contacted by Track & Trace last weekend, I've followed the rules (unlike those making them) and done a lateral flow test everyday, and sent the results back to them. All negative I'm glad to report.

Extremely sorry to hear that others on here are struggling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 am 

I have been following the Prime Minister's heroic example and have been out partying (I mean working) every night. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:57 pm 

Personally I am pleased that tennis anti vaccine chappie has been given his marching orders by the Aussies.

I think he fully knew what he was doing and just assumed that his name, his image, his 'pulling power' (i.e commercial benefits of him playing) and his - no doubt - highly paid lawyers could 'swing it' for him.

Post subject: Re:Covid Corner
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:00 pm 

In the latest twist to Partygate, Boris was asked if he thought he had breached the rules when he got Carrie Symonds pregnant and he replied no as he was definitely on the job for that. :D

Post subject: Re: Re:Covid Corner
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:03 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
In the latest twist to Partygate, Boris was asked if he thought he had breached the rules when he got Carrie Symonds pregnant and he replied no as he was definitely on the job for that. :D

How many kids has he now? Oh he won't say - I believe I heard somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:43 am 

Just been for a PCR test. I have the triumvirate of shitness, lost my sense of taste & smell, can't stop coughing, and had the mother of all headaches last night. Feeling really, really rough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next