THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 pm 

Eye In The Sky

Not a film you could say you'd enjoyed. But it was excellent none the less.

Basic premise... Military target terrorists in Kenya with drones. They have a green light to strike, when a young girl enters the kill zone. The whole of the film then debates the moral dilemma of justifying her death compared to the countless horrific deaths the suicide bombers will cause. There are no winners here.

Alan Rickmans last film.

8/10 from me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:29 am 

wotalad wrote:
Darkest Hour
I've always loved Gary Oldman. IMO he is one of the most versatile actors to grace the screen. The contrast of the characters he plays showcases what a talent he is. It's a wonder he's never won an acadamy award....yet!
He plays the great Winston Churchill to amazing effect. I found him quite literally mesmerising. The film too is a well made biopic to what is probably Britain's bleakest moment the prelude to Operation Dynamo (the subject to last year's 'Dunkirk').
Truly this is an excellent film with a goose-bump inducing performance from Mr Oldman; and if he's overlooked again for the Oscar he deserves, it would be a travesty.

8.5/10

Really? I found it poorly paced, pretty boring and quite overall over rated. Well acted and well shot yeah but I couldn’t watch it again if you paid me.

The Post: A very well put together film and a very important and timely Spielberg adaption of the role the Washington Post has in revealing the Pentagon Papers in the early 70s. Drags at times and it’s like “yeah I get it, can you just hurry up now” butboverall a pretty good film. Superb performances and definitely worth any nominations thatve come its way.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:21 pm 

Black Panther
Won't go into too much detail to stop spoilers, but for a CBM nerd, I loved it. The CGI was spotty at times but it has one of the best villains in CBM history for me, a story where you can see both sides of things and Martin Freeman is always a win.
9/10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:11 am 

I, Tonya - the brutal yet amusing tale of American ice skater Tonya Harding

Heartbreaking really, this jumps up and slaps you in the chops alright. Life just isn't fair

Wonderful film

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:08 am 

Alby wrote:

Really? I found it poorly paced, pretty boring and quite overall over rated. Well acted and well shot yeah but I couldn’t watch it again if you paid me.

The Post: A very well put together film and a very important and timely Spielberg adaption of the role the Washington Post has in revealing the Pentagon Papers in the early 70s. Drags at times and it’s like “yeah I get it, can you just hurry up now” butboverall a pretty good film. Superb performances and definitely worth any nominations thatve come its way.

Thank god I wasn't the only 1 who thought this about darkest hour!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am 

Black Panther: It's alright I suppose, couple of comedy bits but really just a run of the mill action movie. 7/10

The Greatest Showman sing-a long - Yup you read it right i went to a sing-a-long and apart from the fact that everybody sings (duh) the crowd interaction is something I was not expecting, there's clapping and cheering and even booing but you know what I bloody enjoyed it and would do it all again! 10/10 for entertainment factor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:38 pm 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:
Blade Runner 2049 - how do you match an era defining original? Mostly you can't of course, and this is no exception.
There are some very clever plot lines.
On the plus side this is grand cinema of the highest order, the cinematography is breathtaking and the set designs and cityscapes at times draw dropping.
Still a must see film, it was fantastically enjoyable

FilthyDon wrote:
Blade Runner 2049 is bloody fantastic, probably my favourite film of the year so far, particularly enjoyed the visuals and the soundtrack.
Denis Villeneuve (the director) has to be one of the best in the film industry now - He’s rumoured to be in the running for the next Bond film, which would be awesome.
9/10

Th/is/ese

Final saw this on download. I saw the original when it came out - I really liked it without getting all obsessesed with it like some did. I think I've seen it once since. So I didn't have any major emotional investment in this sequel - I couldn't have cared less if it was a worthy successor or not; basically, for me, it was either going to be a good film or it wasn't.

Luckily, it was good. Interesting, engaging and beautiful to look at (I wish I'd seen it in the cinema).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 pm 

The latest version of The Mummy.

"Sometimes you have to be evil to fight evil".

And sometimes you have to be totally shite to fight total shite.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 pm 

Gers wrote:

Did it star Gary Numan on the OGWT? :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:

Did it star Gary Numan on the OGWT? :)

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 51  Next