THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:15 am 

Baby Driver

Highly stylised hiest caper. Set it's stall out from the off with a rather obvious, but enjoyable, graffiti/song lyrics as the main protagonist shuffled around town. The gunshots in time to the music was a nice touch.

John Hamm is always good value, as was Kevin Spacey. Which brings the old can odious artists make great art debate to the fore.

All in all a great way to waste an hour and a half, but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm 

I started watching Wonder Woman.

I've stopped watching Wonder Woman after half an hour because it's pish.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 pm 

Annihilation

Alex Garland's follow-up to Ex Machina. Not up to those extremely high standards, but an interesting premise none the less. And like Ex Machina it looks amazing.

If you liked Arrival, then this is the film for you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm 

Black panther.

Good fun but a bit too deep for me. Nowhere near as good as some make out. I could name 10 better Marvel films.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 pm 

Get Out - atmospheric creepy thriller, a bit Stepford and a bit Tales of the Unexpected perhaps. Hugely entertaining and very well worth a look, I regret not seeing this one on the big screen

The latest Tomb Raider - updated for the current generation, pretty much what you see is what you get. If I'm being picky then it's a bit slow and the action takes time to arrive - plus the chief baddie is a bit too weasel like and not that menacing. Simple pleasures though, definitely a feel good film and great fun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:10 pm 

Pacific Rim Uprising - Uncomplicated teenage sic-fi, enjoyable in a Saturday morning cinema way that 1960's films like King Kong vs. Godzilla and Battle Beneath the Earth etc. were when we were kids. Not for everyone, but I loved it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:56 pm 

The Defiant Ones

A four hour, yes four hour, documentary on the on going bromance between Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre.
Don't let the length put you off, it's highly recommended.
From two poor kids hustling on separate sides of America, to them both ending up billionaires. A fascinating journey,  with some tip-top tunes to boot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm 

Isle of Dogs - latest offering from the most fabulous Wes Anderson. At times not a particularly easy watch, but wonderfully enthralling survival-against-the-odds-and-sock-it-to-the-man social history/morality tale. Sumptuous, imaginative, quirky stop-motion film making that has you both laughing out loud, openly weeping and on the edge of your seat at the same time. I'm not really a dog person, but after this perhaps I might be...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:04 pm 

Avengers: Infinity War

Incredible. Simply incredible. I don’t want to say much and possibly spoil stuff so I’ll just say it’s amazing. Go and see it whether you like that sorta thing or not. Biggest screen, loudest speakers. Otherwise you’re missing out on an amazing experience.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 pm 

Dunkirk

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The age of the cast really brought home the sacrifices the generation that fought against the Nazis made. From the off, the lack of dialogue was something that actually enhanced the feel, rather than detracted. The matter of fact way the cast delt with the horrors around them spoke volumes.

Highly recommend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 52  Next