THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telly
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:05 pm 

Blue Planet ll is on. Amazing stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:24 pm 

Coronation Street's plot with Phelan is F- ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 pm 

The Bobby Sands documentary. Very good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:11 am 

Just started Mindhunter, which is about the fledgling behavioural sciences department of the FBI.

As usual with anything on Netflix, there's obviously been a ton of cash thrown at it. It looks good, the late 70's setting is impeccable, but the lead is a bit lightweight for such a heavyweight subject. It's almost like he's playing it for laughs. And playing Psycho Killer on the soundtrack is way to obvious.

It came highly recommended, so I'll finish it, as these things do tend to get better. After all, I thought Narcos was a massive pile of shite when it started, and look where that went.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:45 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Blue Planet ll is on. Amazing stuff.

Yes was excellent as always.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 pm 

I'm told there is a good comedy on BBC this Friday evening.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:42 am 

'Stranger Things'

Just finished season 2 having watched the first season twice. This show is genius in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:44 pm 

Gers wrote:
Just started Mindhunter, which is about the fledgling behavioural sciences department of the FBI.

As usual with anything on Netflix, there's obviously been a ton of cash thrown at it. It looks good, the late 70's setting is impeccable, but the lead is a bit lightweight for such a heavyweight subject. It's almost like he's playing it for laughs. And playing Psycho Killer on the soundtrack is way to obvious.

It came highly recommended, so I'll finish it, as these things do tend to get better. After all, I thought Narcos was a massive pile of shite when it started, and look where that went.

Done with that.

It was okay I suppose. Watchable, but I wouldn't watch it again. The lead was a bit of a nuisance, really didn't like him. A serial killer show without any violence, that was a bit of a difference.

Anyway, on to Stranger Things 2.
Less than four minutes in, already laughed out loud three times. Good to see those crazy kids again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:04 pm 
Just finished stranger things 1 and on to 2.

Very entertaining - like watching a seven hour film rather than a series.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am 

Watched "The Last Post" primarily because it covered the period I served (accompanied with wife and 2 young children) in Aden -1965-67.
Considering it was filmed in South Africa and the truth had to be stretched at times to fit the story, BBC made a pretty good job of it and the scenario was certainly plausible.
On TV, the families involved lived in a well guarded, fenced-in compound but the vast majority of us lived in flats built above local shops, much less secure and much easier targets for the NLF as we personally experienced on two separate occasions - our flat being shot at and later targeted with a grenade which caused much damage but fortunately no injuries. Not surprising that families were repatriated back to UK in 1967. The British troops left, ships by-passed the port and the place is now in complete chaos. They certainly haven't got the 'Jewel in the crown' that some of them fought for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next