THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telly
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:45 pm 

I was just about to start an entire thread in this, glad you beat me to it as I'd have gone to the same lengths to sing its praise.

My God, its good. Beckham was one of my heroes as a kid, probably second only to Frank Lampard. I absolutely adored him. Haircuts were Beckham inspired, and every England shirt I had until he retired had his name on the back. Had his postrs on my wall - I cannot fathom a footballer who plays for Man United being on kids of todays bedroom (Partly because they're shit, of course, but besides that) if they don't support them. But it was all about England to me. I guess the closest we have nowadays is Grealish. The amount of kids you see with the silly Alice band on hair that is too short to even need it. But he's not even a .5% on the level Beckham was. Beckham was football to me, as a kid. It was what it meant to be English. What it meant to live your dream. An icon. The brand Beckham stuff often makes people forget what a phenomenal footballer he was.

I was too young for Euro 98. But I know all about it. My fears when Saka missed that penalty in 2021 was that it'd be similar, and minus a few utter ladybits and ther racist mongers attitude, he was pretty well supported and is on an upsurge that I'm delighted to see. The things that I got from this, from even down to the receptionist struggling to come to terms with Becks having bullets in the post for him.... no amount of money can save you from that kind of abuse.

I loved hearing from his family, especially Victoria. And you can really sense that they're a happy family. You can tell how madly in love they are and it's so beautiful to see.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:50 am 

It was mad what happened to Becks after the sending off. The press were just out to get him and that stoked all the hatred. Any other England player that night did that? The press would be "dirty Argie cheats get some of their own medicine from our brave boy".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:05 am 

keyser soze wrote:
It was mad what happened to Becks after the sending off. The press were just out to get him and that stoked all the hatred. Any other England player that night did that? The press would be "dirty Argie cheats get some of their own medicine from our brave boy".

Simeone is interviewed extensively, and freely admits that he cheated. In all honesty he comes across as quite a nice guy. As both myself and Young Alby say, it's a brilliant watch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:15 pm 

I love Simeone. He's a great guy and manager. Under Abramovich has Chelsea written all over him. Surprised it never happened. He came across brilliantly in the documentary

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:20 pm 

I binged it last night to the extent that I didn't get to sleep until about half 2. An absolutely incredible documentary series and just added to the love I had for David Beckham as a kid.

I really wish Glen Hoddle hadn't turned the invite down though, that input during the 1998 section could have been really interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 am 

Bodies

What a massive disappointment this turned out to be. Flagged as Netflix’s big autumn show, and came highly recommended by The Guardian no less, I was immensely frustrated with this.

It was a great premise. The same body appearing in the same London alley in four different time periods. The 1890’s, 1940’s, the present day, and the 2050’s. Then we have four separate detectives trying to solve the case, before the inevitable time travel nonsense takes hold, and all four timelines start to coalesce. Apparently it’s based on a graphic novel, which I’m usually in favour of, but this just didn’t do it for me.

The cast was so-so I guess. None of them were great, and when you add the usually wonderful Stephen Graham into the mix as the main protagonist, well! It shows that adding someone with his gravatas to something won’t always guarantee success.

It was okay, but just that, okay. The usual signifier for me when watching a miniseries is whether I want to immediately watch the next episode. I didn’t with this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:50 am 

Gers wrote:
Bodies

What a massive disappointment this turned out to be. Flagged as Netflix’s big autumn show, and came highly recommended by The Guardian no less, I was immensely frustrated with this.

It was a great premise. The same body appearing in the same London alley in four different time periods. The 1890’s, 1940’s, the present day, and the 2050’s. Then we have four separate detectives trying to solve the case, before the inevitable time travel nonsense takes hold, and all four timelines start to coalesce. Apparently it’s based on a graphic novel, which I’m usually in favour of, but this just didn’t do it for me.

The cast was so-so I guess. None of them were great, and when you add the usually wonderful Stephen Graham into the mix as the main protagonist, well! It shows that adding someone with his gravatas to something won’t always guarantee success.

It was okay, but just that, okay. The usual signifier for me when watching a miniseries is whether I want to immediately watch the next episode. I didn’t with this.

I haven’t seen it yet, but the cast was so-so? Isn’t Stephen Graham in it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:03 am 

dons50 wrote:
Gers wrote:
Bodies

I haven’t seen it yet, but the cast was so-so? Isn’t Stephen Graham in it?

You didn't read his review then? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:02 am 

keyser soze wrote:

Obviously not

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:17 am 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Obviously not

Oops :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next