THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wayne Kramer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:58 am 

Legendary MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer has died at 75. You may not know the MC5, but I’ll bet everyone knows the opening to their 1969 album Kick Out The Jams… “Right now, right now it’s time to, kick out the jams motherfuckers”. Which was sampled by the equally brilliant KLF on What Time Is Love?

Almost as well known for constantly being arrested for drug dealing as his amazing powerhouse guitar sound, he reformed the MC5 under various guises, before embarking on a hit and miss (more miss to be honest) solo career.

I’m willing to bet that I’m the only one here who likes him, and he looked amazing in his pomp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKhvzUdJoM

Post subject: Re: Wayne Kramer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:47 am 

Gers wrote:
I’m willing to bet that I’m the only one here who likes him

You'd lose that bet, motherfucker.

Sad news.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:51 am 

This photo is 1969 writ large... the hippy dream unraveling, too many hard drugs, increased radicalisation and some kick-ass rock'n'roll.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am 

keyser soze wrote:
This photo is 1969 writ large... the hippy dream unraveling, too many hard drugs, increased radicalisation and some kick-ass rock'n'roll.

All three of those in front are now dead.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:12 am 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

All three of those in front are now dead.

We're sooooooo old....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:43 am 

Fred 'Sonic' Smith (husband to Patti) died at 46 of heart failure. Rob Tyner had a heart attack at 47. Kramer had cancer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:09 pm 

Gers wrote:
Legendary MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer has died at 75. You may not know the MC5, but I’ll bet everyone knows the opening to their 1969 album Kick Out The Jams… “Right now, right now it’s time to, kick out the jams motherfuckers”. Which was sampled by the equally brilliant KLF on What Time Is Love?

Almost as well known for constantly being arrested for drug dealing as his amazing powerhouse guitar sound, he reformed the MC5 under various guises, before embarking on a hit and miss (more miss to be honest) solo career.

I’m willing to bet that I’m the only one here who likes him, and he looked amazing in his pomp.

Oh dearie dear. Surely (disturbingly) I must have been lurking at the back of your mind when you posted that.....
I was always impressed/baffled by the fact that the album cover had something about 'spiritual guidance by ....' whoever.
Perhaps he was their dealer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Gers wrote:

Oh dearie dear. Surely (disturbingly) I must have been lurking at the back of your mind when you posted that.....
I was always impressed/baffled by the fact that the album cover had something about 'spiritual guidance by ....' whoever.
Perhaps he was their dealer.

John Sinclair. Now there's someone worth researching right there.