THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:43 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Scribble wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
In my view we are back as we were post Thatcher without a Conservative party to vote for.

I’ll leave it to the many others, who will vote Labour and rid us all of this hideous government

And usher in yet another hideous government.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yawn.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:37 am 

Aliramone wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Scribble wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
In my view we are back as we were post Thatcher without a Conservative party to vote for.

I’ll leave it to the many others, who will vote Labour and rid us all of this hideous government

Yawn.

Exactly. Where would we be if we didn't learn from past mistakes. To quote Keynes, “When the facts change, I change my mind - what do you do, sir?”. It's not the same party as it was under Corbyn, he's been expelled. The anti-semitic rump has, hopefully, gone. However I see that Truss is not only still a member, she's standing as a candidate for The Conservatives in the forthcoming election. Starmer may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's a serious politician with properly funded policies. If elected, his Labour Party will inherit a country utterly devastated by 14 years of Conservative miss-rule. Hopefully under Labour this country will cease it's vendetta against those with mental health issues, the disabled, immigrants, those through no fault of their own are unable to work, etc' etc' etc'.

However to give them credit, it'd be churlish to argue that they haven't turned the NHS around, what with that extra £350 a week spend under Brexit.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:46 am 

And just to further add.

I've been reading an old interview with the late record producer Steve Albini this morning where he was talking about the MAGA movement. His point, and I'm paraphrasing here, being that life is hard enough for everyone, there's no need to go out of your way to make it harder for others. There's the modern Conservative party right there. Hounding people who care for relatives who through no fault of their own were over paid their allowances, in some cases pennies, while willfully ignoring Baroness Mone basically stealing millions of pounds off the tax payer. And while we're on about PPE. How about awarding a contract to one of your mates who's only experience of PPE procurement was running a pub.

They're a despicable party. May's 'nasty party' doesn't even come close to what they've become since Johnson Truss ruined both themselves, and by extension the UK as a whole. I genuinely hope they're cast into oblivion in July.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:53 pm 

I rather like the idea that the Tories are proposing National Service.
All the 'tooled up' adolescent drug dealers can now learn to use their weapons 'properly'.
Starmer out.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 pm 

Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Scribble wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

Yawn.

Exactly. Where would we be if we didn't learn from past mistakes. To quote Keynes, “When the facts change, I change my mind - what do you do, sir?”. It's not the same party as it was under Corbyn, he's been expelled. The anti-semitic rump has, hopefully, gone. However I see that Truss is not only still a member, she's standing as a candidate for The Conservatives in the forthcoming election. Starmer may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's a serious politician with properly funded policies. If elected, his Labour Party will inherit a country utterly devastated by 14 years of Conservative miss-rule. Hopefully under Labour this country will cease it's vendetta against those with mental health issues, the disabled, immigrants, those through no fault of their own are unable to work, etc' etc' etc'.

However to give them credit, it'd be churlish to argue that they haven't turned the NHS around, what with that extra £350 a week spend under Brexit.

You obviously have had a different experience than me of the Labour led Milton Keynes council and their hounding of those with learning difficulties, mental health and disabilities.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:21 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Scribble wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

Yawn.

You obviously have had a different experience than me of the Labour led Milton Keynes council and their hounding of those with learning difficulties, mental health and disabilities.

I don't understand how this links with the previous post. :?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:50 pm 

Wouldn't vote tory in any election, nevermind the next one. And, if you do you had better give your head a wobble. Always makes me laugh these tory voters on 40-50k a year salaries who think they are the people the tory party serve. You might want to add a few more zeros to your salary before you start voting tory.

No party is perfect, wouldnt associate with any of these ladybits in day to day life but id rather voluntarily eat my own shit than ever be a fucking tory mincer.

If you vote tory you might as well spend your commute home from the office tipping over people in wheelchairs, shouting at depressed people to get better and helping yourself to the money in rough sleeping peoples cups because thats the type of government you support.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:56 pm 

Gers wrote:
Hopefully under Labour this country will cease it's vendetta against those with mental health issues, the disabled, immigrants, those through no fault of their own are unable to work, etc' etc' etc'.

I was replying to this.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Wouldn't vote tory in any election, nevermind the next one. And, if you do you had better give your head a wobble. Always makes me laugh these tory voters on 40-50k a year salaries who think they are the people the tory party serve. You might want to add a few more zeros to your salary before you start voting tory.

No party is perfect, wouldnt associate with any of these ladybits in day to day life but id rather voluntarily eat my own shit than ever be a fucking tory mincer.

If you vote tory you might as well spend your commute home from the office tipping over people in wheelchairs, shouting at depressed people to get better and helping yourself to the money in rough sleeping peoples cups because thats the type of government you suppor.

Were you following me last week? :oops:
For the record, I don't vote Tory. I was just listening to Verve's Bitter Sweet Symphony and I guess I started mimicking the video. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:02 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
If you vote tory you might as well spend your commute home from the office tipping over people in wheelchairs, shouting at depressed people to get better and helping yourself to the money in rough sleeping peoples cups because thats the type of government you support.

Did you learn nothing from the women's football thread?

You have got to stop generalising and throwing shit at people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 53  Next