THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:24 am 

Gers wrote:
And while we're at it. Is this the same Prime Minister who back in January rebuked the chief of the general staff Sir Patrick Sanders after he said something along the lines of we will need a citizens army to stand against Russia? That PM. The exact same PM who said, and here I quote... "There will be no return to national service".

Wow a blast from the past, even before my time. :o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdmxovsV0A

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 am 

The blithering idiot has made his party completely unelectable for the foreseeable. future.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:51 am 

From Larry the Cat on X....

Nobody born since October 1939 has undertaken National Service in the UK. Those people are now aged at least 85. This policy is aimed at winning the votes of people who never did National Service themselves but who want to force others to do it.

Sums it up rather well

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:15 am 

If you don't sign up....

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:22 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
From Larry the Cat on X....

Nobody born since October 1939 has undertaken National Service in the UK. Those people are now aged at least 85. This policy is aimed at winning the votes of people who never did National Service themselves but who want to force others to do it.

Sums it up rather well

I just missed conscription by 18 months, ( I would probably been extempt because of my deafness ) however I saw the disruption it caused for my older relatives lives at an important stage of their development at the change from youth to adult.

I cannot believe that anyone today can possibly think it is an acceptable policy.

In my view we are back as we were post Thatcher without a Conservative party to vote for.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:10 pm 

donmentor wrote:
In my view we are back as we were post Thatcher without a Conservative party to vote for.

Your lucky for the first time in 50 years there is no party I can vote for.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:22 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

And I only vote for The Green Party - whenever they can afford to stand - so generally stay out of any Labour v Conservative, (far) left v (far) right type extreme debates.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

This is pretty much how I feel, I couldn’t vote for Conservatives, they’ve just lost the plot completely and are so out of touch it’s unreal, I’m not a natural Labour voter and uncertain about Starmer and his parties wishy washy policies, Lib Dems are there as a protest vote only, so the same as Plum really, it will probably be Green Party, who are the closest to my ideology.

I’ll leave it to the many others, who will vote Labour and rid us all of this hideous government

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:22 pm 

Plum wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

And I only vote for The Green Party - whenever they can afford to stand - so generally stay out of any Labour v Conservative, (far) left v (far) right type extreme debates.

I'm beginning to think you are my long lost brother. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:14 pm 

Scribble wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

I’ll leave it to the many others, who will vote Labour and rid us all of this hideous government

And usher in yet another hideous government.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 53  Next