THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
What a lovely sunny afternoon to do some (light) gardening.
Got some vitamin D.
The grass seed has taken.

Yep the weather is a real positive this week and going forward ....Summer is here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gv773pz3wo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:57 am 

I'm off this week, and I've had a brilliant time, football notwithstanding.

Loads of gardening/allotment, getting through loads of little DIY things that since my illness have somewhat been forgotten, and just generally having a great time.

If I thought that retirement would be like this, I'd hand my phone and keys back to the office first thing Monday.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 am 

Gers wrote:

Loads of gardening/allotment, getting through loads of little DIY things that since my illness have somewhat been forgotten, and just generally having a great time.

If I thought that retirement would be like this, I'd hand my phone and keys back to the office first thing Monday.

Trust me, retirement is like that. Every day.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:57 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:

God I hope thats the case! We have very nearly completed the purchase of a house abroad and just knowing that makes me happy. In somewhere between 5 and 7 years time we hope to retire there and that very thought gets me through most days.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:20 pm 

Just got back from a fantastic, chilled-out little holiday on Alderney. Great weather, quiet country walks, and seven pubs on an island of 2000 people. 8-)

Now it's a nice day, done my food shop and my washing, and I'm just about to go for a swim. Those of you who know where I live know how special days like this are in my part of the world. :D

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:35 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Just got back from a fantastic, chilled-out little holiday on Alderney. Great weather, quiet country walks, and seven pubs on an island of 2000 people. 8-)

Now it's a nice day, done my food shop and my washing, and I'm just about to go for a swim. Those of you who know where I live know how special days like this are in my part of the world. :D

I've spent the morning up the city. Sorted out some money business with the bank. Had some Lebanese chicken for lunch, which I ate outside in the sunshine. Wandered around the shops, bought nothing. Took my tickets back for saturday, and am about to go down my studio to make some quite frankly unlistenable music. But before I do I'm having a G&T in the garden. Have to say that life is good. Well good apart from the three calls from work where I've talked colleagues through how to connect a heat pump up.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 3:15 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

We’re going to Guernsey in the summer and plan on doing Alderney and Sark on the ferries (different days obvs).

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:04 pm 

Gers wrote:

I've had 23 years of it so far. Can't beat it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:35 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:

I really really hope so....am 8/9 years away and dreaming of it

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:36 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Gers wrote:

I've had 23 years of it so far. Can't beat it.

My wife's grandfather hits 100 this year....had 40 years retirement on a VERY lucrative oil executive pension.....still says this gs along the lines of 'i paid into it so it's fair.....!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next