THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:36 am 

They don't care. Almost their entire online version this morning is dedicated to last night's met gala. Indeed their lead story is the size of Kim Kardashian's waist. In the midst on the continuing shit show that is Netanyahu's basically genocidal war, they would have you believe that come the next election, the Tories will win, folk are interested in the size if some reality telly star, and that no one voted for Labour last Thursday.[/quote]

Its the Tory way at the moment unfortunately. We used to have quarterly local party meetings, where any items of policy could be discussed and debated. After last years abysmal local election performance, we provided a detailed list of problems / mistakes that needed to be addressed (along with a commitment to volunteer to assist in their resolution). It was critical of the party leadership and processes but it was constructive. The answer from the area leadership was we haven't had a meeting since.

I think Sunak and his ilk think sticking their head in the sand will make the problem go away, but they don't notice to do it they have to bend over, so they won't see the kick up the a@se coming until it is too late.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 am 

Bill wrote:
They don't care. Almost their entire online version this morning is dedicated to last night's met gala. Indeed their lead story is the size of Kim Kardashian's waist. In the midst on the continuing shit show that is Netanyahu's basically genocidal war, they would have you believe that come the next election, the Tories will win, folk are interested in the size if some reality telly star, and that no one voted for Labour last Thursday.

Its the Tory way at the moment unfortunately. We used to have quarterly local party meetings, where any items of policy could be discussed and debated. After last years abysmal local election performance, we provided a detailed list of problems / mistakes that needed to be addressed (along with a commitment to volunteer to assist in their resolution). It was critical of the party leadership and processes but it was constructive. The answer from the area leadership was we haven't had a meeting since.

I think Sunak and his ilk think sticking their head in the sand will make the problem go away, but they don't notice to do it they have to bend over, so they won't see the kick up the a@se coming until it is too late.[/quote]
Kind of resonates with what happened when I was active in The Labour Party. People were so comfortable under Blair that they were unable to countenance a resurgent Tory party under a young and dynamic leader. Just imagined that folk would always associate them with the utter shit show that came before.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:42 am 

Another Tory MP defects to Labour - just before PMQ.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:58 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

In the pathetic hope that they can stand as Labour and keep their MP pay after the Election.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

In the pathetic hope that they can stand as Labour and keep their MP pay after the Election.

An odd one that. She's one of the most right wing MP's in the house, and has done nothing but criticize Labour for it's immigration policies. If I were Labour I'd have refused to accept her.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:06 pm 

Gers wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

An odd one that. She's one of the most right wing MP's in the house, and has done nothing but criticize Labour for it's immigration policies. If I were Labour I'd have refused to accept her.

Does it not concern you that people like her now see the current labour party as their natural home?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:23 pm 

Brando wrote:
Gers wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Does it not concern you that people like her now see the current labour party as their natural home?

In all honesty yes. It's unbelievable that they'd accept someone like that while Abbott remains suspended.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:28 pm 

The more you read about her the more unbelievable it is that they've taken her in. I have no defence for that. It's an extremely bad move.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:08 pm 

Gers wrote:
The more you read about her the more unbelievable it is that they've taken her in. I have no defence for that. It's an extremely bad move.

Starmer will use her for the one gleeful photo opp then she will vanish onto the backbenches and then be quietly dropped at the next election.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:15 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Gers wrote:

Starmer will use her for the one gleeful photo opp then she will vanish onto the backbenches and then be quietly dropped at the next election.

She's announced that she's not going to stand at the next election. I have absolutely no idea what she's doing. One can only assume that she's really pissed off with Sunak, and is going all out to damage both him and Starmer before she rocks up at Reform.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next