THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Liam Manning*
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:37 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Interesting seeing the reaction to Mannings move from our fan base. Understanding the opportunity both professionally and financially whilst also understand the lack of loyalty from ownership. I bet made of those still call Russ a snake.

Mad to think what the reaction to his departure would have been if the Bournemouth game wasn't moved forward 10 days or if Pete O'Rourke hadn't tweeted mid game,.

'Things change quickly in football'

It's a lot different when it's not your manager leaving though. I bet Oxford fans are pretty livid.

I think the situation leading up to it was different too. Martin constantly banged on about 'trusting the process'. We had to go through some pretty bad results, but this was always his line to ease concern and keep us patient. To then jump ship before the process had been set, was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:58 pm 

Don't get me wrong.

I totally get why Oxford fans are bitter about it. I would be too. I'm not emotionally connected to Oxford so the snake stuff doesn't bite me, it bites them like Russ did with us, equally. 100% get it but I can be pleased for him in the same way Norwich fans were pleased for Russ for example. Norwich fans don't care how Russ handled it, why would they? They're pleased someone they're fond of is succeeding. Same for us. I'm fond of him, pleased he has gone into better things. If it were us, would I be calling him a snake, yeah probably

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:08 am 

I think it was more the way that Martin left. More or less at halftime in a game a week before the season started after saying the previous day that he was staying for the long haul and we should ignore the noise.

Good luck to Manning. I genuinely hope it goes well for him and he eventually ends up in The Premiership. He's a good manager who was well and truly fucked over by us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:58 am 

The only resentment i have is that if we had recruited properly for manning we would be in the championship now potentially knocking on the door of the premier league, he is that good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
The only resentment i have is that if we had recruited properly for manning we would be in the championship now potentially knocking on the door of the premier league, he is that good.

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
We were just completely led astray by a weak manager in manning

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:38 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
We were just completely led astray by a weak manager in manning

Classic TCR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:40 pm 

Great result knocking West Ham out of the cup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 pm 

They were absolutely brilliant tonight. Add Twine to that team and they've got a serious team there.

Makes me sad that things went the way they did for Manning here. I'm convinced a large amount of the things that went wrong were out of his control. He's a really, really special manager.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 pm 

Yeah, was a great game and Bristol City certainly deserved the win, you could see the beginning of a Manning team tonight, at times it was like watching us in the promotion race when he was here, he’s a very good head coach, pity we sold him down the river with dud signings.

He will manage in the premier league

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:31 pm 

He deserves this.

Glad he got sacked.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next