THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Liam Manning*
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:30 pm 

He has Oxford United gelling and running at 2nd in the league.
A bit like our nearly promoted season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:42 pm 

Less than a year after being sacked by us, he's about to be confirmed as Bristol City manager.

Strange move, to me at this moment. But I'm so chuffed for him. Has done so well to professionally move on from us so seamlessly.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post subject: Re: Luke Manning
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:58 pm 

Set to be appointed as Bristol City's next manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:32 pm 

Can't blame him for taking that job, but it would be a bit disappointing not to see him follow the job through at Oxford. Stick it out to the end of the season and have a decent crack at promotion. Having come so close with us a couple of years ago, I'd have thought he'd really want to get over that line. I'd imagine even if they don't go up, there would still be championship offers for him in the summer. That being said, if he chooses to jump ship, good luck to him. Absolutely love the bloke.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:39 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Less than a year after being sacked by us, he's about to be confirmed as Bristol City manager.

Strange move, to me at this moment. But I'm so chuffed for him. Has done so well to professionally move on from us so seamlessly.

His decision is likely influenced by his time with us. I'm pretty sure he had significant interest in him in the summer after finishing 3rd with us but of course nothing ever materialised and I can't help but think it would have it he wanted it to. QPR were very interested in speaking with him but nothing seems to come of it. Fast forward a few months and he was getting the boot from a team in the relegation zone. Liam learnt a harsh lesson about the short term nature of football and probably isn't going to take any future success for granted.

Post subject: Re: Liam Manning*
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:38 pm 

If it is confirmed it can only be a good thing for Liam, personally think he’s an excellent coach and can see him progressing into the premier league at some point

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:45 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

His decision is likely influenced by his time with us. I'm pretty sure he had significant interest in him in the summer after finishing 3rd with us but of course nothing ever materialised and I can't help but think it would have it he wanted it to. QPR were very interested in speaking with him but nothing seems to come of it. Fast forward a few months and he was getting the boot from a team in the relegation zone. Liam learnt a harsh lesson about the short term nature of football and probably isn't going to take any future success for granted.

Very much this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:29 pm 

I suppose, but I don't think he'd have been short of offers if he failed to get Oxford up this season

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:18 am 

Confirmed as Bristol City new manager

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/li ... ead-coach/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:08 am 

Interesting seeing the reaction to Mannings move from our fan base. Understanding the opportunity both professionally and financially whilst also understand the lack of loyalty from ownership. I bet made of those still call Russ a snake.

Mad to think what the reaction to his departure would have been if the Bournemouth game wasn't moved forward 10 days or if Pete O'Rourke hadn't tweeted mid game,.

'Things change quickly in football'