THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karl Robinson#
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Alby wrote:
My mate who supports oxford is convinced they’ll do shit

I don't know. They've certainly got a big squad to choose from... :)

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/august/the-long-list/

Wow well meaning management nonsense, might as well give the kit man and coach driver a number.

Maybe the squad numbers thing is a bit unnecessary, but having a strong link through all the age groups to the first team is a good thing. When he was with us, Karl worked with the youth team coaches on a common style throughout the club. I wonder if it's coincidence that we haven't got the same quality of youngsters coming through now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:56 am 

dons50 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

Wow well meaning management nonsense, might as well give the kit man and coach driver a number.

Maybe the squad numbers thing is a bit unnecessary, but having a strong link through all the age groups to the first team is a good thing. When he was with us, Karl worked with the youth team coaches on a common style throughout the club. I wonder if it's coincidence that we haven't got the same quality of youngsters coming through now.

That seems unlikely after all 95% of why players make it is down to them not the coaches or staff, Callum Brittain has progressed well others haven't. In my opinion training kids to be footballers is like panning for gold you gotta spend a long time sifting through sand to find any gold, obviously we should be trying to help every person make the best of themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

That seems unlikely after all 95% of why players make it is down to them not the coaches or staff, Callum Brittain has progressed well others haven't. In my opinion training kids to be footballers is like panning for gold you gotta spend a long time sifting through sand to find any gold, obviously we should be trying to help every person make the best of themselves.

Some people are better at panning than others.

My gut feel would be that the influence of coaches is greater than 5%. Maybe I'm right, maybe not.

Yes, Callum has done well, but compare him to the previous batch: Dele, Galloway, two Baldocks, George Williams, Sheyi Ojo. All of them have either played international football or in the premier league (except for George who should do this season). Are we sure that the coaching has nothing to do with it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 am 

dons50 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

Some people are better at panning than others.

My gut feel would be that the influence of coaches is greater than 5%. Maybe I'm right, maybe not.

Yes, Callum has done well, but compare him to the previous batch: Dele, Galloway, two Baldocks, George Williams, Sheyi Ojo. All of them have either played international football or in the premier league (except for George who should do this season). Are we sure that the coaching has nothing to do with it?

Not nothing very little, look at Zindane,Cruyff,Ferguson all had sons immersed in coaching at the biggest clubs in the world and none were better than average players, you listed every player we have produced but ignore the fact the coaching set up changed throughout this time and that we have relatively poor facilities. Basic talent and determination are the key ingrediants not coaching

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Number 35 has got to be a pisstake, surely?

:lol:
No, it's Big Sam's grandson.
They signed him this summer...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48367539

:lol: fair enough. Little Sam, then!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 am 

Oxford won on his 500th league game as a manager:-

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/ ... xford-win/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm 

He’s now beaten two Premier League teams 4-0 in the League Cup.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:54 pm 

dons50 wrote:
He’s now beaten two Premier League teams 4-0 in the League Cup.

Three if you include the Norwich game

Post subject: Re: Karl Robinson~
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am 

Had quite the eventful day yesterday

Sent off and responded to the ref laughing and calling him a Ladybit (Not actually Ladybit but you know the banned word)
Accused a Sunderland played of assaulting an Oxford player at half time, claiming he contacted the police
Max Power ran to celebrate his injury time goal right in front of the Oxford coaching staff

Post subject: Re: Karl Robinson~
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:44 am 

Hahahhahaha I'm loving every minute of Non affiliated MK Dons Karl Robinson. I miss him what a bloke.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next