THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karl Robinson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 pm 

Oxford have said a Manager with ‘Wow’ factor - even those who love Robbo surely could not put him in that category. My money would be on Sven (even though I find that more of a Meh than a Wow).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 pm 

I doubt Robbo will be given the job at Oxford, the new mentalist deluded owner there wants a “big name” manager.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:46 pm 

Isn’t that literally what Winkelman said before we ended up with Robbie Neilson?

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 pm 

leodon wrote:
Oxford have said a Manager with ‘Wow’ factor - even those who love Robbo surely could not put him in that category. My money would be on Sven (even though I find that more of a Meh than a Wow).

My money is on Ron Atkinson.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:33 pm 

Tried to resign but it was rejected. Must be the first time Roland has actually tried to keep a manager.
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/1609 ... uchatelet/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:23 pm 

Alby wrote:
I don’t think the commute is much an issue. You can’t get a more easier commute than MK to Charlton as a professional football manager who doesn’t wanna relocate.

Maybe he just wants more control with how things work. Youth setup, transfers, bringing his own people in etc.

I'm pretty sure he spends at least three nights a week down near their training ground. That's according to what I've heard from Charlton fans, anyway.

I'm not sure any commute that involves driving around the M25 could be described as easy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby wrote:
I don’t think the commute is much an issue. You can’t get a more easier commute than MK to Charlton as a professional football manager who doesn’t wanna relocate.

Maybe he just wants more control with how things work. Youth setup, transfers, bringing his own people in etc.

I'm pretty sure he spends at least three nights a week down near their training ground. That's according to what I've heard from Charlton fans, anyway.

I'm not sure any commute that involves driving around the M25 could be described as easy.

Ask Gers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby wrote:

I’ve seen him at the train station early in the morning when I’ve finished work before. I assumed he got the train. But no I doubt it’s “easy” but can’t be the worst commute.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:25 pm 

Can’t see him still being at Charlton for their game on Saturday - I don’t see how it’s possible he’s able to carry on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:26 pm 
Looking increasingly likely he will be the new Oxford manager and re-united with Rob Hall.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next