THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bradley Johnson*
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thoughts on how he is currently getting on?

Post subject: Bradley Johnson
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:52 pm 

I hear he gave another penalty away today, following giving the ball away too?

If that is the case, he really is a complete liability. How many goals has he cost us now? If its not giving a penalty away, its assisting a goal by heading it straight to the opposition or by failing to mark his man.

If Manning wants to persists with playing him, he needs to stop him going anywhere near our penalty box.

The only thing he offers us is the occasional goal. He is completely anonymous in the CDM role. Just shove him up front if he has to play. But obviously being out of the team entirely would be preferred but sadly Mr Manning appears to he afraid to do that.

Post subject: Re: Bradley Johnson
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:15 pm 

I would prefer him not to play. But Robson hasn't been up to scratch and is Grant up to it yet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:33 pm 

I think we can get fooled into thinking he is an attribute because he has scored some spectacular goals. But so much of the basics of how to win a game are missing.

If we are to survive in League One, we will need to find somebody better for that role in January. Every week, I have come to see just how important Coventry was last season.

Bradley - it’s a no from me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:42 pm 

The team for me:

Mo
Devoy, Holland
Grant, McEachran, Robson
Harvie, Lewie, O'Hora, Watson
Cumming

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:01 pm 

Johnson and Josh have had very poor seasons. These are players of good pedigree and they are being exposed badly in league 1. Our defence last season was helped hugely by the running of the forwards especially parrott, and then the energy and quality of Coventry. Now teams come through us much easier to a defence missing darling.
Not sure Robson is the answer sadly- can we find another Coventry in jan. Let’s hope so:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:06 pm 

Have a look at the BBC highlights of the penalty he gave away today. Tells you all you Ed to know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:49 am 

He offers some experience and supposedly some leadership, but fuck me when you're the one who continuously makes mistakes on the field, it must be difficult for the rest of the team to look up to you.

He's been dreadful in all honesty. JMC has also been very poor, but it's the mistakes that BJ continuously makes that ends up costing us.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 am 

I've watched the highlights and yeah Johnson's was unecessary. But his stupidity is par for the course so I can't get pissed about it. What I don't understand is cumming. For their first goal he just stood on the edge of the six yard box and made no effort. If you are coming out come out and get close. If not, just stay on the line and try and save the fucking thing. It's like he doesn't even try anymore. Not to say this is what he did to get out of Gillingham and he has saved us a few goals this season but our defence as a whole needs to step up cause the attack is better than what it was.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:49 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
He offers some experience and supposedly some leadership, but fuck me when you're the one who continuously makes mistakes on the field, it must be difficult for the rest of the team to look up to you.

He's been dreadful in all honesty. JMC has also been very poor, but it's the mistakes that BJ continuously makes that ends up costing us.

So did Keogh! :lol: