THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:41 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
As we enter this season I miss him so much right now.

I miss him more and more by the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:43 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
As we enter this season I miss him so much right now.

I miss him more and more by the game.

Same

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:46 pm 

You both clearly were asleep for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of every game, or you rnjoy midtable mediocrity because we pass the ball around in our own half and dominate possession but dont shoot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:50 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
You both clearly were asleep for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of every game, or you rnjoy midtable mediocrity because we pass the ball around in our own half and dominate possession but dont shoot.

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the match so far. Long may it continue. No need to deride others who have a differing opinion to your’s however.

Last edited by Ormeau on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:52 pm 

Think its just a case of short term memories. I remember russball well in sll its lack of glory. We became a meme for conceding goals in the first 15 or last 15 minutes every single game. We eere notorious for not shooting. Its slmost as if we were to win the possession stat in our own half we win the game, we didnt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Think its just a case of short term memories. I remember russball well in sll its lack of glory. We became a meme for conceding goals in the first 15 or last 15 minutes every single game. We eere notorious for not shooting. Its slmost as if we were to win the possession stat in our own half we win the game, we didnt.

We did concede a lot in the opening 15 minutes, but we only conceded 7 goals all season in the final 15. I remember at the time looking at all the early goals we were conceding, largely due poor marking from crosses (Keogh the main culprit) or losing possession from a panicked punt forward, very rarely were they due to playing out from the back it's just the few that were get highlighted more. Maybe a bit of short term memory. We scored 64 goals that season, not bad for a team relying on a 34 year old and after losing Morris half way through the season. We made mistakes but we also played some truly excellent football. Without that season there's no Twine, there's no Parrott and many others who followed. We don't have the foundation for the 21/22 campaign. We are now back to 2018 again, all that good work has been undone by a combination of poor coaching, a loss of vision and silly recruitment. Sadly I think it is going to be a long road back to not only being a ball playing team but one that is both appealing to young players and trusted by clubs higher up the pyramid with their young players.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:15 am 

I don't miss him because he's a c-unt.

He's a very good manager though, and if we were able to go to games in 20/21 we'd have had one of the most enjoyable seasons as a fan ever, I feel. As good as that final finish could be anyway.

I've moved on from him because he left us. If we'd sacked him I'd feel a bit more like we missed out on potential. But that road was going somewhere and he jumped. Not us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:54 pm 

Snake is on the brink of signing Ross Stewart - aka the "Loch Ness Drogba" - for £8-10m at Southampton, a player he says he tried to sign for MK before he eventually went to Sunderland for about £300k.

£10m for a prolific striker, but one in the last year of a contract and refusing to sign a new one. Shows how a strikers value can hold despite the contract (take note Sweeting and Eisa!). Plus Stewart's been injured since January and won't play until end-September.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:46 am 

If anyone is a bit bored today, the comments section here is simply delicious...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66828508

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:11 pm 

I've got a weird thing for listening to other teams' post match BBC show when I'm commuting, or doing something.. the Southampton ones are hilarious atm.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next