THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin*
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:55 am 

Good article on him in today’s Sunday Times. He’s clearly a smart guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:43 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Good article on him in today’s Sunday Times. He’s clearly a smart guy.

Thought he was good in Harry Potter too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:31 pm 

21 unbeaten for Southampton, a club record and up to 2nd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:49 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
21 unbeaten for Southampton, a club record and up to 2nd.

Beatìng his old side today in the process. Still a snake though!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:05 pm 

De Zerbi is leaving Brighton at the end of the season. RM must be licking his lips. That's pretty much a dream job for him, and we know he won't hesitate to jump ship.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:10 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
De Zerbi is leaving Brighton at the end of the season. RM must be licking his lips. That's pretty much a dream job for him, and we know he won't hesitate to jump ship.

One of our former stubborn young coach who loved possession football who stayed loyal has stuck around L1 and now in L2, the one who took his first big opportunity is 1 game away from the Premier League having coached players like Ward-Prowse, Harwood-Bellis and Joel Piroe.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:05 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

One of our former stubborn young coach who loved possession football who stayed loyal has stuck around L1 and now in L2, the one who took his first big opportunity is 1 game away from the Premier League having coached players like Ward-Prowse, Harwood-Bellis and Joel Piroe.

RM is a far more talented coach than KR. A selfish bastard but a better coach.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 am 

keyser soze wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

RM is a far more talented coach than KR. A selfish bastard but a better coach.

All of the above. The way he left us will forever taint his spell with us, but he is a good coach, and voted as the worst defender to ever play for Rangers in an online fan poll.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:17 pm 

Im so over managers showing loyalty. If they are loyal they are largely unsuccessful otherwise they would have attractive suitors at a higher level and who wouldnt turn down a promotion? Payrise? More advanced working facilities? Better exposure?

Id far rather have a new successful manager every 2 years where we progress as a club and they progress as a manager than have a nearly man for the long term. Because lets face it, any sign of success and promotion then the big boys come calling. If they dont come calling we arent doing something right and if our manager turns them down he will have lifelong regret and it will probably effect their future here anyway.

Nothing gold can stay in football. Lets just hope for the success in the short term and hope theirs a continued contingency plan off the pitch when the calls come. Best of luck to whatever managers are doing a good job for us and in turn get to test themselves at a higher level. Hopefully as a result of employing managers that go on to enjoy success and suitors we in turn progress to a level over time yhag we become the poachers and too good to leave.

Lets also not forget weve not shown loyalty to managers in challenging times so why shouldnt they climb while the irons hot? Because if it goes south here we wont think twice about being disloyal.

Russ had the right idea, punch up at the earliest opportunity everytime before you get found out. Once you get to that elite level you become that journeyman anyway and are always linked with jobs at that level. Whose to say if robbo hadbnt turned down these opportunities to remain comfortable he wouldnt be another sam allardyce or steve bruce continually getting the call at the higher levels.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:43 pm 

I'm not against managers progressng. It's a question of when and a week before the start of the season isn't the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11