THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Graham Alexander
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:30 pm 

I see that the 'Graham Alexander - Time to go' thread is up to 7 pages on the Bantams forum after the weekend.

Some people are sympathetic to a 'decent bloke' and blame the owners, but most say he's clueless to be honest.

Post subject: Re: Graham Alexander
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:41 pm 

The owners have had a lot of grief for ages.

Doesn't distract the fact he's appalling. But he'll love a good distraction from his shite tactics

#DonYourWhite

Turn Stadium:MK WHITE In The Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:50 pm 

If he stuffs this up, I think he's finished in the EFL and I am not sure where he goes from here, other than across the border.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:51 pm 

History repeating itself, again

Rogered Tart
Squad Player
P.L.22/23 Entrant
P.L.23/24 Entrant
Blog Posts:0
bantam2708 said: ↑
Alexander should never have been given the job in the first place. An absolute dinosaur of a manager who has been left behind by the modern game.

He is of course not the problem at this club but I have no faith in him as manager and have no interest in watching his 'style' of football. We cannot allow him the have the summer window because it'll be another wasted season next year.
Very telling that MK Dons got rid of him for his turgid style of football, swapping him for a young up and coming manager in Mike Williamson. Dons being below us when they swapped (if i recall he was installed a couple of days after sacking Alexander), he now has them 6th, 3 points off the automatics. Now reverse that with Alexander who took over with us in 16th after the defeat to Sutton. His run so far has return 16 points from 13 games and now sees us 18th, playing football that has you wanting to bleach your eyes.
Which kinda shows the point if your club has direction and you choose the correct appointments you have a chance or reversing the bad form.
And if you add Alexanders spell at MK Dons, ironically his stats results wise are the same for both clubs, 16 points from 13 games. Add them together and his tally for this season at both clubs is 32 point from 26 games.
Theres a common denominator throughout us getting managerial appointments wrong but i just can't put my finger on it.......
#47Rogered Tart, Yesterday at 12:12 AM
bantamdave41, Kopendin1964, vladimir and 8 others like this.
MallorcaBantam
MallorcaBantam
Impact Sub
The mane fault for me is the player, most need to go away and learn the basics of how to Play football , we’ve had a poor bunch for years, 3 or 4 good players don’t make a team
#48MallorcaBantam, Yesterday at 12:39 AM
bailiff bridge bantam
bailiff bridge bantam
Impact Sub
P.L.22/23 Entrant
Euro 2020
Rogered Tart said: ↑
Very telling that MK Dons got rid of him for his turgid style of football, swapping him for a young up and coming manager in Mike Williamson. Dons being below us when they swapped (if i recall he was installed a couple of days after sacking Alexander), he now has them 6th, 3 points off the automatics. Now reverse that with Alexander who took over with us in 16th after the defeat to Sutton. His run so far has return 16 points from 13 games and now sees us 18th, playing football that has you wanting to bleach your eyes.
Which kinda shows the point if your club has direction and you choose the correct appointments you have a chance or reversing the bad form.
And if you add Alexanders spell at MK Dons, ironically his stats results wise are the same for both clubs, 16 points from 13 games. Add them together and his tally for this season at both clubs is 32 point from 26 games.
Theres a common denominator throughout us getting managerial appointments wrong but i just can't put my finger on it.......
You’ll still get certain posters on here accusing MK Dons of having no plan when they installed GA.
Yes they massively messed up appointing him but realised after 6 months and had the guts to do something about it.

Guts from a CEO/Owner
Imagine that.

I bet their CEO/owner would have had the guts to tell his manager that he isn’t signing a has been 36 year old (on an 18month deal) who was past it 5 years ago and was only signing him as a favour because they’d been together nearly 20 years ago.
#49bailiff bridge bantam, Yesterday at 12:51 AM
Rcbantam, Fordy117, QCFC BANTAM and 4 others like this.
1975citygent
1975citygent
Impact Sub
T
Rogered Tart said: ↑
Turgid style that got him the manager of the month award at the start of the season! MK Dons fans said the results starting going down hill when he changed tactics at the club's request. Then they sacked him.
#501975citygent, Yesterday at 1:05 AM
Rogered Tart
Rogered Tart
Squad Player
P.L.22/23 Entrant
P.L.23/24 Entrant
bailiff bridge bantam said: ↑
You’ll still get certain posters on here accusing MK Dons of having no plan when they installed GA.
Yes they massively messed up appointing him but realised after 6 months and had the guts to do something about it.

Guts from a CEO/Owner
Imagine that.

I bet their CEO/owner would have had the guts to tell his manager that he isn’t signing a has been 36 year old (on an 18month deal) who was past it 5 years ago and was only signing him as a favour because they’d been together nearly 20 years ago.
The more you compare what both clubs did and how they handled both the sacking and the recruitment of another manager, its actually a good analogy as to why and how we've gone wrong in the last 6 years. Remember Hughes and the CV in the junkbox? The mess that was Adams? And then the fiasco with actually appointing Alexander, weeks and weeks of nothing and we sign a manager sacked by a club weeks after we had started looking for one. Who, admits he'd never even spoken to the owner before signing? I mean, what sane business owner wouldn't want to know which new employee would be effectively managing his staff? No wonder the Cowleys turned us down.
#51Rogered Tart, Yesterday at 1:08 AM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:03 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC2pgcagyRk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:11 pm 

It's all going really well.

https://looksports.media/exclusive-brad ... departure/

The Bradford City board are currently in negotiations over the departure of manager Graham Alexander with discussions ongoing over the size of the pay-off it would take to break the current deal that runs until 2026, following the dismal defeat to Swindon Town at the weekend, sources have informed Look Sports Media.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:36 pm 

GA is a terrible manager. Our worst ever by my reckoning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:12 pm 

The local bbc journo seems to think that’s wildly off the mark, but one of the guys at LSM is involved with Bradford (the mascot) and also has shown he has inside info on multiple occasions, so we’ll see…

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:36 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
The local bbc journo seems to think that’s wildly off the mark, but one of the guys at LSM is involved with Bradford (the mascot) and also has shown he has inside info on multiple occasions, so we’ll see…

Yeah and he was the 1st person leak the info that GA was coming here if I remember rightly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:36 pm 

It wasn’t true.

https://x.com/ryanjwhelan/status/175240 ... 4tHtSLah6g