The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Max Watters*
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:52 pm 

dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Got pulled off before half time last night.

:shock: Is that in someone’s job description? Do we have someone who does that for our players?

I bet you think Runyak’s job was kit man.

LOLigans :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:41 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Hardly a ringing endorsement:

"I will pick my words correctly this time or I will get annihilated," Morison said about taking off Watters. "It was a tactical change. He just wasn't good enough."

"Does he need to realise what it takes to be a Championship striker? Yes. Will we go through it with him and talk about it again? Yes.

"You can't play up front in this team, any team in the Championship, and not have a physical edge to your game. The ball can't keep coming back."

Though he was not pleased with Watters' all-round display, Morison admitted the former Crawley player could have got on the scoresheet.

"Within all that we have said, he could have had two goals. He could have scored a header in the first minute, I thought it was a goal as soon as it went to him," Morison added.

"Then when he goes through, I'd already planned to take him off, but then I was like 'Oh what am I going to do now, he is going to score!' Because he is a goalscorer.

"But I think you could see the difference as soon as Jordan came on."

Morison added that he was not upset with Watters opting to stay motionless on the bench throughout the half-time interval.

"It's half-time, I've got bigger problems," he said. "We've got to deal with what's going on. It's not a big deal, it is what it is.

"You have two choices in life. You either suck it up, get on with it and get better and make me not do it again, or you don't. It's very simple."

How do Cardiff play?
If they like to play it up quick, with the forward holding it until he gets support, then he isn't right for them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:12 pm 

Max has upset a lot of Cardiff fans by liking Russell Martin's instagram post celebrating Swansea's win yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Max has upset a lot of Cardiff fans by liking Russell Martin's instagram post celebrating Swansea's win yesterday

Noticed this. Not a smart move. He's either completely done and disregarded his Cardiff career or incredibly silly and naive. I'd say it's probably the former.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:41 pm 
BuckDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

Noticed this. Not a smart move. He's either completely done and disregarded his Cardiff career or incredibly silly and naive. I'd say it's probably the former.

Pretty sure he had a falling out with the manager after being subbed or something like that a month or two ago and may have been told to find another club so just doesn't give a shit.

Would love to have him back here next season, probably only likely if we go up. He and Twine linked up very well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:15 pm 

Subbed off tonight after an hour in their loss. Two appearances since his injury, both times subbed off without a goal. It’s clearly not working out for him there, hopefully we can make a move for him this summer if he can keep fit over the next couple of months and not pick up another injury. Manning clearly knew how to make him deliver and he was loving his time here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:16 am 

Looks like he hasn't featured in any of the matchday squads for Cardiff since Hudson took over as manager. No goals this season and the Cardiff fans on social media really don't rate him. Feel sorry for him because in his brief spell with us he looked like a very good striker. It clearly hasn't worked out for him there and it makes me wonder (hope) that he might be available in January.

Would you want him back? I personally would love him to come back. I think it would give the club a huge lift.