THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele Alli - Everton
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:43 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
I doubt we'll ever know the exact terms for the sale of Dele to Everton until we start receiving money, so I wonder if Levy would try and use that ambiguity to get us to sell our clause early?

I actually wouldn't be opposed to this provided we insist that the only price we'll accept is our share of the maximum amount Dele will earn Spurs.

So the answer is no thanks, and no change to what we already have then, Dippy. ;)

Which, providing we do actually earn in installments, is a win win for us. :D

I'm not Pete, but to me given how unsure everyone truly is about it I think it makes sense to ask the question of give us £6-8 million (however much we would be entitled to for the max amount) or give us our share in each installment.

Considering the 'max amount' probably includes unlikely achievements like Everton winning the league, Alli being top PL scorer or winning the Ballon D'or or something, then there's no way Spurs would just pay us the max amount up front as its probably even more than we'll get in the long run. The only way they'd pay us in one up front instalment is if we accepted less than the likely amount we'd end up with.
But, given the uncertainty of the deal, and how well Alli will perform, I imagine it'll just end up with the give us our share of each installment option.

But that's what I'm getting at. In the hypothetical situation of Spurs coming to us offering to pay something to lose the sell on clause, we should be asking for the maximum possible because that's what we've effectively missed out on here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:27 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
I doubt we'll ever know the exact terms for the sale of Dele to Everton until we start receiving money, so I wonder if Levy would try and use that ambiguity to get us to sell our clause early?

I actually wouldn't be opposed to this provided we insist that the only price we'll accept is our share of the maximum amount Dele will earn Spurs.

So the answer is no thanks, and no change to what we already have then, Dippy. ;)

I'm not Pete, but to me given how unsure everyone truly is about it I think it makes sense to ask the question of give us £6-8 million (however much we would be entitled to for the max amount) or give us our share in each installment.

Considering the 'max amount' probably includes unlikely achievements like Everton winning the league, Alli being top PL scorer or winning the Ballon D'or or something, then there's no way Spurs would just pay us the max amount up front as its probably even more than we'll get in the long run. The only way they'd pay us in one up front instalment is if we accepted less than the likely amount we'd end up with.
But, given the uncertainty of the deal, and how well Alli will perform, I imagine it'll just end up with the give us our share of each installment option.

But that's what I'm getting at. In the hypothetical situation of Spurs coming to us offering to pay something to lose the sell on clause, we should be asking for the maximum possible because that's what we've effectively missed out on here.

No, that’s not “what we’ve effectively missed out on”. Deli could break his leg and never play again, then we’d get nothing. It’s always a balance of risk against certainty eg accept half of the maximum now, or take the risk of perhaps nothing or the maximum, or anything in between. Spurs might be more inclined to take that risk than us, or vice versa.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:40 pm 

epdon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

No, that’s not “what we’ve effectively missed out on”. Deli could break his leg and never play again, then we’d get nothing. It’s always a balance of risk against certainty eg accept half of the maximum now, or take the risk of perhaps nothing or the maximum, or anything in between. Spurs might be more inclined to take that risk than us, or vice versa.

It’s what we’ve missed out on given that it being a free is only the case because everton can’t afford a transfer as it stands. In normal circumstances he’d have gone for a fee.

This isn’t meant to be taken so literally ffs, all I’m saying is IF Levy wants to cut the sell on fee now, we need to get as much as we feel we would be entitled to. Likelihood is it won’t even happen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:56 am 

He's had a pretty underwhelming start to his Everton career to say the least.

Seriously what has gone so wrong? He looks shot of any confidence or grit and determination. I've noticed it since the 2018 world cup, where he never hit the heights expected of him in that tournament and has never recovered since. It's only 4/5 years ago that he was deemed a £100m player. Teams don't even wanna pay a fee for him now. It's sad to see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:26 pm 

BuckDon wrote:

Seriously what has gone so wrong? He looks shot of any confidence or grit and determination. I've noticed it since the 2018 world cup, where he never hit the heights expected of him in that tournament and has never recovered since. It's only 4/5 years ago that he was deemed a £100m player. Teams don't even wanna pay a fee for him now. It's sad to see.

I will say it with hushed tones but he is just not that good. His first couple of seasons he probably had something to prove and was keen, but don't forget his first season he was only in the spurs 11 cause of injuries to other players. But when three spurs managers think exactly the same thing as each other then it must the man and not the managers. But to not start a game at all for Everton since joining is sad to see but ahh well we will give him a big welcome when we play Everton next season in the championship.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:35 pm 

BuckDon wrote:

Was massively overrated, unfortunately. His all round game at Spurs was never actually that good, he just had moments of class.

I have a couple of mates who are Spurs fans and he's always had the nickname 'Fraud'.

When he was getting the goals like the one against Crystal Palace, his overall game play wasn't noticed. Unfortunately, now it is. Midfielders in his position are expected to do much more than they were 5 or so years ago. Most teams now expect all their players to press hard all game, Dele is never going to do that. Just look at the difference between Mason Mount and Dele Alli over the last couple of season. Mount is playing that modern role in a way dele can't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm 

The question is would he be good enough to get in our side at the moment?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:58 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:

Of course he would. We're a 3rd division team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:03 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Yes, but is he 3rd division standard?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:09 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Yes, but is he 3rd division standard?

I know he's had a rubbish couple of years by his early standards, but there's still an entire division between us and Everton at the moment.

I get the thick twitter comments of 'he wouldn't get into MK Dons' because the brain dead idiots there just want a quick few likes and it's a funny enough comment, but if anybody truly thinks that he wouldn't walk into at least one of the top 44 teams in the country then there's something severely wrong mentally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next