THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele Alli - Everton
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:36 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Some verified spurs journo on Twitter has said he understands we're still entitled to a percentage of the deal

Andrew Cullen was in charge of the 'Dele deal' IIRC.
He's no fool and, I believe, would have known exactly what the situation was/would be in the future with regard to what we should get

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:11 am 
Surprised nobody has mentioned it but in Liam Sweeting's press interview yesterday he hinted that the club will benefit from Dele's transfer down the line, also mentioned the likes of Rhys Healey and Matt O'Riley further on with sell-on clauses.

I'm pretty satisfied now we're going to be getting that sell-on % whenever Everton end up paying Spurs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:16 am 

Filthier wrote:
Surprised nobody has mentioned it but in Liam Sweeting's press interview yesterday he hinted that the club will benefit from Dele's transfer down the line, also mentioned the likes of Rhys Healey and Matt O'Riley further on with sell-on clauses.

I'm pretty satisfied now we're going to be getting that sell-on % whenever Everton end up paying Spurs.

Maybe because some of us weren’t surprised? ;) :lol:

The. Biggest take away from the LS interview is, as you say, the fact the club are effectively planting money trees all over the place. Aside from the stake we have in Healey & O’Riley, it would presumably be similar with Sorinola and going back a little further; Walsh, Poole, McGrandles, Nombe etc? Also, given that George Baldock’s departure was under LS then I’m hopeful that’s another little nest egg.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

Maybe because some of us weren’t surprised? ;) :lol:

The. Biggest take away from the LS interview is, as you say, the fact the club are effectively planting money trees all over the place. Aside from the stake we have in Healey & O’Riley, it would presumably be similar with Sorinola and going back a little further; Walsh, Poole, McGrandles, Nombe etc? Also, given that George Baldock’s departure was under LS then I’m hopeful that’s another little nest egg.

Not sure we'd have been to negotiate much for Sorinola as his contract expired and he went overseas? But don't forget Brittain too. I hope we have a buy-back clause for Nombe, not just a sell-on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:41 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Filthier wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
So presumably...

£10m - £720K
£20m - £2.52m
£30m - £4.32m
£40m - £6.12m

Maybe not as black and white as that but we will never know!

Would be nice if Sweeting confirms in the presser today that we are actually still getting the sell-on percentages even though it's structured this way and initially being a free. I keep reading conflicting info.

Lots of Tottenham fans gloating about how they've bypassed the clause, be nice to throw it back in their faces.

Is that Tottenham fans on Twitter, with a player as their profile picture? They'll have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Clubs wouldn't be able to get out of a sell on fee. Almost all deals are structured in a similar way to how this one has been. It just seems to have made more news because its Dele Alli and him leaving Spurs is a big deal.

For example, when someone goes for £50mil, it is never, ever £50mil up front. Its staggered payments and based on individual and team performances. The only way this one is slightly different is because there is no up front cost at all.

Sell on fees would be redundant if it was only based on the initial fee.

While I agree with what you and others say about the sell-on still being in place despite the deal structure - this one is different to the usual "£50million in five instalments" type. With simple instalments, they are due whatever happens. Even if the player has been sacked by the time of the last instalment - it still gets paid.

With this Everton deal, there remains the possibility / risk that no money changes hands. It may not work out for Alli and he moves on before 20 games. But we should take some solace from the fact that Levy is a total ladybit when it comes to transfers and I am sure there'll be something in there for if that happens (18% of which is ours).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:01 am 

I doubt we'll ever know the exact terms for the sale of Dele to Everton until we start receiving money, so I wonder if Levy would try and use that ambiguity to get us to sell our clause early?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:06 am 

BristolDon wrote:
I doubt we'll ever know the exact terms for the sale of Dele to Everton until we start receiving money, so I wonder if Levy would try and use that ambiguity to get us to sell our clause early?

I actually wouldn't be opposed to this provided we insist that the only price we'll accept is our share of the maximum amount Dele will earn Spurs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:27 am 

BristolDon wrote:

They did that with Bale. Southampton agreed to a really low amount as Bale hadn't done an awful lot at the time. Few years later he goes to Madrid £85m and Southampton missed out on a windfall.

As the transfer for Dele has now been done, I doubt we'd come to some agreement. That would have only happened a couple of years back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:53 am 

DippyDon wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

I actually wouldn't be opposed to this provided we insist that the only price we'll accept is our share of the maximum amount Dele will earn Spurs.

So the answer is no thanks, and no change to what we already have then, Dippy. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:02 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

So the answer is no thanks, and no change to what we already have then, Dippy. ;)

Which, providing we do actually earn in installments, is a win win for us. :D

I'm not Pete, but to me given how unsure everyone truly is about it I think it makes sense to ask the question of give us £6-8 million (however much we would be entitled to for the max amount) or give us our share in each installment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next